Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

2000 PY Integra Type R 00-1142

Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.

2000 PY Integra Type R 00-1142

 
Old 04-27-2019, 12:13 PM
  #121  
Thread Starter
 
blueprint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,013
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

The performance gap between the CR and the ITR was big but with the new K20A swap that gap has narrowed significantly.

blueprint is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Hertz Donut (04-28-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 12:36 PM
  #122  
Thread Starter
 
blueprint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,013
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

blueprint is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 01:40 PM
  #123  
 
noodels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mars
Posts: 3,559
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Default

I hate you
noodels is online now  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:37 AM
  #124  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,023
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
The performance gap between the CR and the ITR was big but with the new K20A swap that gap has narrowed significantly.



2-car garage, and both Hondas in the garage... Where does the GT4 get parked?

All subjective, but I prefer the US headlights and bumper... Still awesome either way. I could also see selling both and getting an NA2 NSX... although I think your ITR might be worth less after the mods...

Last edited by Bullwings; 04-28-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Bullwings is online now  
Old 04-28-2019, 07:50 AM
  #125  
Thread Starter
 
blueprint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,013
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bullwings View Post
2-car garage, and both Hondas in the garage... Where does the GT4 get parked?

All subjective, but I prefer the US headlights and bumper... Still awesome either way. I could also see selling both and getting an NA2 NSX... although I think your ITR might be worth less after the mods...
GT4 is in the shop getting the transmission replaced under recall. When she comes back one of these cars goes to storage and i simply rotate.

Resale value is debatable. I installed some quality parts in the ITR and still have most of all the stock parts in case i do ever want to part it out.
blueprint is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:01 AM
  #126  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 2,013
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
GT4 is in the shop getting the transmission replaced under recall.
I know I am wandering off topic but... What is the defect with the GT4 transmission? I wonder if those people who changed to shorter gear ratios early on (I read some aftermarket company was developing it) had their tranny warranty voided? Have you considered doing that tranny mod with shorter gear ratios or are you happy with the OEM transmission?
Vitt is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 08:47 AM
  #127  
Thread Starter
 
blueprint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,013
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vitt View Post
I know I am wandering off topic but... What is the defect with the GT4 transmission? I wonder if those people who changed to shorter gear ratios early on (I read some aftermarket company was developing it) had their tranny warranty voided? Have you considered doing that tranny mod with shorter gear ratios or are you happy with the OEM transmission?
im happy with the long gear ratios personally.

people were losing 3rd gear so Porsche upgraded the gear and is replacing gear boxes.
blueprint is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 01:41 PM
  #128  
Registered User
 
Hertz Donut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 164
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Man I miss my K-swapped EK4. Opening that garage door would make me smile every day, well done.
Hertz Donut is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 03:36 PM
  #129  
 
zeroptzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Out There
Posts: 14,992
Received 91 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Keep the pictures and updates coming, I love seeing ITR mods as much as S2000 ones.
zeroptzero is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:10 PM
  #130  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 948
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Why start with a base Integra... I want the Best integra.

At the end of the day it's just money and im blessed to have lots of it.
lol, come on man. Act like you actually have money, this was a cringey comment.


Great thread, awesome car. Thank you for sharing.
OMG VTEC is offline  

Quick Reply: 2000 PY Integra Type R 00-1142


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands