Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Officially Revealed

Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
L&E

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Officially Revealed

Detroit Preview: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Unveiled : Auto News

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe GALLERY

After much anticipation, Cadillac has finally announced all the details of the new 2011 CTS-V Coupe. The high-powered version of the new CTS Coupe, which debuted at the LA Auto Show, is powered by the same supercharged 6.2-liter V8 found in the CTS-V sedan, with an incredible 556-hp at 6100 rpm and 551 ft-lbs of torque at 3800 rpm. That's enough to propel the 2+2 seater to 60 mph in an incredible 3.9 seconds.

But the CTS-V Coupe is so much more than a straight line performer, following in the Michelin PS2 tire marks of the V sedan - the first production four-door to run a sub eight minute lap time at Germany's famed Nürburgring. In fact, the V Coupe should lop off a few more seconds thanks to a rear track that is one-inch wider than the sedan. With the same wheelbase as the four-door, the V Coupe also gets a lower center of gravity thanks to an overall height that is roughly 2-inches (51mm to be precise) lower. The front and rear overhangs are even shortened, with an overall lengh that is also reduced by 51mm.

Other performance highlights include 19-inch wheels and some massive brakes with high-performance Brembo six-piston front calipers with 15-inch rotors and four-piston rear calipers with 14.7-inch rotors. And helping out in terms of delivering a performance oriented (or comfort oriented) ride are GM's amazing Magnetic Ride Control shocks, which monitor the road every millisecond and adjust shock pressure. First used on Corvettes, this technology is now used by the likes of Ferrari. For the CTS-V Coupe, Cadillac offers the shocks with two pre-sets, Tour and Sport, so a driver can set the car for their preferred driving mode.

As for how the car looks, well, Cadillac certainly didn't disappoint. The CTS Coupe's sleek profile gets a very masculine V treatment including some impressive big grilles up front, as well as a massive bulge in the hood to make room for all that engine. The overall look of the car is undeniably like the CTS, however, Caddy designers only carried over the headlights, front fenders and grille from the sedan, along with the instrument panel and center console on the inside.

Now the only thing left to do is drive it, and if it's anything like the sedan, the V Coupe will absolutely walk all over its German competition.

The new CTS-V Coupe will make it's world debut at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show on January 11th and is set to go on sale in early Summer.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-04-2010, 08:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove right beside something that looked just like that today. It had manufacturer plates on it but he was so open about it I thought it was some kind of 2010 & 1/2 model. Same color and everything.

Nicer looking than the old CTS, but still way too big and too angular to be attractive in person.

I'm just not a fan of the new Caddy look and the interior is absolutely hideous! It looks like a pimpmobile decorated by Target.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:41 PM

I can't tell if it's a cross-over or a coupe from that pic .
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't stand its look... at least from the angle in that pic.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 PM

love the front, the back looks kinda ugly from that angle
Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the 5th-gen Prelude (front), Honda Crosstour, and BMW X6 combined.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Jan 4 2010, 09:25 PM
I drove right beside something that looked just like that today. It had manufacturer plates on it but he was so open about it I thought it was some kind of 2010 & 1/2 model. Same color and everything.

Nicer looking than the old CTS, but still way too big and too angular to be attractive in person.

I'm just not a fan of the new Caddy look and the interior is absolutely hideous! It looks like a pimpmobile decorated by Target.
Did they release pictures of the coupe's interior?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by rockville,Jan 4 2010, 10:51 PM
Did they release pictures of the coupe's interior?
Of course not. One doesn't have to look at things to know they don't like them. One just needs to know the brand, apparently.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=Wildncrazy,Jan 4 2010, 09:25 PM]I drove right beside something that looked just like that today.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Officially Revealed