Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2013 Accord V6 6AT

Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts
Default 2013 Accord V6 6AT

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-6-test-review

0-60 in 5.6s
1/4 mile in 14.1 @ 101 mph

Those are virtually identical numbers to the S2000 and identical to MT's numbers for the BMW 328i in the 0-60 and it actually beats the 328i by 0.2s and 1 mph in the 1/4 mile. And this is in a car where you can just stomp the pedal and go - no manual shifting required (ie, it's repeatable!).

The car is also 55 lbs lighter than the previous model, despite higher levels of equipment.

Honda really upped the ante with this car. Great looks (looks even better in person), beautiful interior, great fit-and-finish, straight-line speed and it's also apparently fun to drive (for a family sedan). Add in great fuel economy and you're looking another world beater.

Anyone miss my pro-Honda threads?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The looks are just "ok", but it's very quick and does get good gas mileage. It won't be a BMW beater because it doesn't have the style or panache of a BMW, and that's the primary reason why people buy those cars anyway - not to win drag races.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still too bland, too big, and too heavy to be an Accord. Guess we'll have to wait 3-5 years for the next model refresh to see if Honda can get it right.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

^ ^ I disagree. I think honda did a really good job with the new accord. It's Honda's flagship sedan, its supposed to be big and roomy to go up against the maxima and camry.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Still too bland, too big, and too heavy to be an Accord. Guess we'll have to wait 3-5 years for the next model refresh to see if Honda can get it right.
People who buy Honda Accords don't care too much about what they weigh. Most of them don't even care what they'll do 0-60.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Originally Posted by SpudRacer' timestamp='1350605962' post='22093575
People who buy Honda Accords don't care too much about what they weigh. Most of them don't even care what they'll do 0-60.
I know , I know. It's just that the Accord used to be a fun, quality, and stylish alternative to bloated domestic sedans which is what the Camry and to a lesser extent the Maxima have morphed into. Now the Accord is trying to be just another bland but reliable option in the crowded family sedan market. The Japanese are all tripping over themselves trying to out Buick Buick. And they're selling every one they make. So, they have no incentive to take risks trying to define a niche for themselves. Sigh.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Originally Posted by deepbluejh' timestamp='1350607997' post='22093641
[quote name='SpudRacer' timestamp='1350605962' post='22093575']
I know , I know. It's just that the Accord used to be a fun, quality, and stylish alternative to bloated domestic sedans which is what the Camry and to a lesser extent the Maxima have morphed into. Now the Accord is trying to be just another bland but reliable option in the crowded family sedan market. The Japanese are all tripping over themselves trying to out Buick Buick. And they're selling every one they make. So, they have no incentive to take risks trying to define a niche for themselves. Sigh.
[/quote]

I guess my point was that I feel like they hit the target very well with the new car. It has a lot of features and improvements that the people who buy these cars like. And I just bet Honda doesn't give two cents about being "niche" with their bread and butter family sedan. They want to sell these things by the boatload.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

For what it's worth (I'm a Honda fan of course) we never looked at an Accord while we were looking for a sedan. Too FWD, too big (seriously, it's too big to fit in our garage unless we kick the workbench or the motorcycles out.) It might stack up agains the Camry and Altima really well, but I don't see it eating into 3 series sales any, and the acceleration isn't really a factor. The Altima 3.5 was out dragging S2000s nearly a decade ago, and wasn't an S2000 beater. (At least, in the minds of S2000 owners. )
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks like a step in the right direction but the exterior design is not - looks way more generic than the previous model
Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Originally Posted by SpudRacer' timestamp='1350609560' post='22093686
[quote name='deepbluejh' timestamp='1350607997' post='22093641']
[quote name='SpudRacer' timestamp='1350605962' post='22093575']
[/quote]

I guess my point was that I feel like they hit the target very well with the new car. It has a lot of features and improvements that the people who buy these cars like. And I just bet Honda doesn't give two cents about being "niche" with their bread and butter family sedan. They want to sell these things by the boatload.
[/quote]

And they will. But not to me.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord V6 6AT