Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2013 Accord V6 6AT

Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I agree with jonboy..
Honda actually finally got something right with this.
It looks good to me for what is it.
Better than the competition they even have LED DTRL finally after even kia has them.
If I was looking for a people mover like this it would definitely be top on my list.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

actually, the comparison is completely off as far as sizing in the market goes.

civic, 3-series, c-class, corolla, maxima, lexus IS, old tsx (now ILX?)...

then it goes

accord, 5-series, e-class, camary, altima, TL, GS.

then again, cars have been getting bigger and now they have the 1-series, fit, yaris, etc. etc.

As far as their target market, the accord is good - i don't want one though - no FWD for me. I'd rather have the 328i with a tune...
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Agreed. I posted this on another forum the other day. Honda really do good. I think the car is stunning. The features available are also something to look forward to. I actually contemplated pick this one up.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1350669119' post='22095226
14.1 @ 101 were good numbers in 1995 when the E36 M3 came out.

328i would rape that with just a tune.

Yawn
Yeah, because most Moms go straight for a tune in their new BMW. C'mon - that's just a silly statement, given the general buyer of these cars. I was obviously comparing stock for stock. Perhaps we should mention how a 2005 E55 AMG is far faster for the same money?
I was just bringing it up for the OP that was comparing times. Anyone that would buy one of these cars to try and get good performance would put a tune on it. For the large majority of the population that wouldn't mod either car who cares if the Accord is a tiny bit faster, it's still a FWD economy class car compared to a BMW.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM

I don't want one.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
I was just bringing it up for the OP that was comparing times. Anyone that would buy one of these cars to try and get good performance would put a tune on it. For the large majority of the population that wouldn't mod either car who cares if the Accord is a tiny bit faster, it's still a FWD economy class car compared to a BMW.
I'm the OP.

For the masses, this is a quick car (as fast as or faster than the 328i) for less money with more amenities for quite a bit less money. A base 328i isn't exactly super engaging, either, with base trim options (seats and a steering wheel, basically) and standard wheels/tires/suspension. I'm not suggesting this is a BMW replacement or competitor, nor was that my original intent (I clarified later - this is about acceleration only). I was only pointing out that it's a quicker car, stock for stock.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
actually, the comparison is completely off as far as sizing in the market goes.

civic, 3-series, c-class, corolla, maxima, lexus IS, old tsx (now ILX?)...

then it goes

accord, 5-series, e-class, camary, altima, TL, GS.

then again, cars have been getting bigger and now they have the 1-series, fit, yaris, etc. etc.

As far as their target market, the accord is good - i don't want one though - no FWD for me. I'd rather have the 328i with a tune...
Read the thread - acceleration comparison only. We know they're not direct competitors, though traditionally the TL is a competitor to the 3-Series based on price (and they are cross-shopped, typically, and reviewed by the car mags as well).
Old 10-19-2012, 03:24 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

What? No talk of feel? Handling prowess? Fun to drive?
Yeah... I don't see the core BMW consumer saying wow that Accord is better, nor should they. I wonder what V8 trucks do in the quarter and to 60, perhaps those are bmw beaters too.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

But I will say though that the new accord looks like a solid competitor within its own segment. I will need to see the interior in person though before I can speak about the fit and finish, but the previous gen was absolutely awesome.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Still too bland, too big, and too heavy to be an Accord. Guess we'll have to wait 3-5 years for the next model refresh to see if Honda can get it right.
YES

Originally Posted by myclue
^ ^ I disagree. I think honda did a really good job with the new accord. It's Honda's flagship sedan, its supposed to be big and roomy to go up against the maxima and camry.
Not so much.

Originally Posted by Elistan
For what it's worth (I'm a Honda fan of course) we never looked at an Accord while we were looking for a sedan. Too FWD, too big (seriously, it's too big to fit in our garage unless we kick the workbench or the motorcycles out.) It might stack up agains the Camry and Altima really well, but I don't see it eating into 3 series sales any, and the acceleration isn't really a factor. The Altima 3.5 was out dragging S2000s nearly a decade ago, and wasn't an S2000 beater. (At least, in the minds of S2000 owners. )
I like when people compare bigger engined cars to the S... it's got a bigger engine it should be faster, right?

Americans get fatter and fatter... so do the cars they drive.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord V6 6AT