Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2013 Lexus GS-F to come with detuned LFA V10

Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2013 Lexus GS-F to come with detuned LFA V10

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/02/24/lexus...sc-due-in-2013/

Saw this news this morning. Not sure how credible the site is or if the news is legit, but if so I'm quite interested.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started thinking about it and this is going to suck. There's no way it's going to compete with BMW M5 or E63. Both are now boosted and stronger than ever pushing the 600hp mark. Not to mention that unless they redesign the car, who will want to pay out the ying yang for a car that's 8 years in to it's design?

Lexus made an awesome car with the IS-F (i might be partial though since I own one).... they're going to need more power to compete with the big dogs.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

omfg....
Old 02-25-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Fapout,Feb 25 2011, 07:58 AM
I started thinking about it and this is going to suck. There's no way it's going to compete with BMW M5 or E63. Both are now boosted and stronger than ever pushing the 600hp mark. Not to mention that unless they redesign the car, who will want to pay out the ying yang for a car that's 8 years in to it's design?

Lexus made an awesome car with the IS-F (i might be partial though since I own one).... they're going to need more power to compete with the big dogs.

Lexus missed the high-revving naturally aspirated wave of super sedans. They are on to mega-boosted engines with as much torque as horsepower (thank the RS6 for being the game changer).

Now with that said, I wouldn't doubt that the next M5 will be close to a 6 figure car, so if they can get this to market as an $70-80k solution, they might have something. But with the GS, Lexus is not equiped to battle BMW, MB, and Audi head to head.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just awaiting the VIP style!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM

That article is from February 2010, a year old. Article also says the CT200h is not planned for the North American market, which we know isn't true, CT is scheduled to go on sale here next month I believe. So let's calm down and find more relevant facts to talk about.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Traveldude,Feb 25 2011, 08:20 AM
Lexus is not equiped to battle BMW, MB, and Audi head to head.
I agree. They are about 10 years late trying to enter this kind of market. When it comes to big horsepower and torque, Merc cannot be touched.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Well, at least now I could sorta believe the trickle down engineering people were getting on about with the LFA, but again how credible is this article given the source and time. I remember hearing about this a long time ago.
I dunno, I just don't see it happening, using that one off motor in a leased, no profit, concept car "sold" to the public is one thing, but using it in a more mass produced, profit driven product that's aiming to compete against some really stiff competition, with no glitz to justify any kind of premium, I dunno, I guess we'll see, but I highly highly highly doubt it. I mean, a hyperactive motor in a big luxo sedan, hell even BMW M5 owners aren't looking for that when you boil it down. In a sports coupe or a more lighter type of car yeah, but in a car that has to behave like clark kent, that engine will just get exhausting.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/2013-le...f-ar101164.html

This sounds a lot more plausible
Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect,Feb 25 2011, 12:49 PM
Well, at least now I could sorta believe the trickle down engineering people were getting on about with the LFA, but again how credible is this article given the source and time. I remember hearing about this a long time ago.
I dunno, I just don't see it happening, using that one off motor in a leased, no profit, concept car "sold" to the public is one thing, but using it in a more mass produced, profit driven product that's aiming to compete against some really stiff competition, with no glitz to justify any kind of premium, I dunno, I guess we'll see, but I highly highly highly doubt it. I mean, a hyperactive motor in a big luxo sedan, hell even BMW M5 owners aren't looking for that when you boil it down. In a sports coupe or a more lighter type of car yeah, but in a car that has to behave like clark kent, that engine will just get exhausting.
They ended up not doing the lease thing on them. They did that to detract speculators which ended up killing potential sales. The LFAs are indeed owned by the customer (or at least they have a lien on them)...

This article is also stupid because what is pictured is a GS with F-sport options. The IS-F has many large differences between it and an IS350 so this article is completely worth ignoring.

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus GS-F to come with detuned LFA V10