2016, er, 2017 Acura NSX aimed at Ferrari 458 for the price of Audi R8 - Page 250 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page > 2016, er, 2017 Acura NSX aimed at Ferrari 458 for the price of Audi R8
Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.

2016, er, 2017 Acura NSX aimed at Ferrari 458 for the price of Audi R8

Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 PM

Doesn't look half bad, but the proportions are off for an MR car.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect View Post
Doesn't look half bad, but the proportions are off for an MR car.
In the end it's still going to be a Vette; for better or worse.

GM should do a totally new model line that has nothing to do with Corvette... Maybe as a Cadillac???
Old 01-14-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
In the end it's still going to be a Vette; for better or worse.

GM should do a totally new model line that has nothing to do with Corvette... Maybe as a Cadillac???
What's wrong with corvette?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 AM

What's wrong with corvette?
Decades of stigma and stereotype. When you buy a Corvette or any marque, you buy into he imagine regardless of its warranted or not. I would not own a Vette based on my perception of the brand and the connotations of the people who drive them.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:30 AM

Decades of stigma and stereotype. When you buy a Corvette or any marque, you buy into he imagine regardless of its warranted or not. I would not own a Vette based on my perception of the brand and the connotations of the people who drive them.
That's some good objective analysis. While I agree that part of owning something is buying into a lifestyle and image, but I think that's pertinent when you're buying at prices not available too the everyman. When youre buying at vette prices, people need to get over themselves.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:34 AM

I’m excited about this new mid engine Corvette, but I’m afraid some part of it will be a deal breaker for me. Will see.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 AM

That's some good objective analysis. While I agree that part of owning something is buying into a lifestyle and image, but I think that's pertinent when you're buying at prices not available too the everyman. When youre buying at vette prices, people need to get over themselves.
I'll use the opinion of the women I know... They see someone in a Vette and think they are "fill in the blank". An older guy driving a Porsche is probably a "fill in the blank". All BMW drivers are "fill in the blank"... It's just how the human mind works and we all do it based on our prior experiences.

I would just never buy a Vette no matter how superior the performance is or level of engineering put into the car. I know there are others that feel the same... If GM wants this new Vette to bring in new drivers into the fold, they should really consider a new moniker or associate to a brand that isn't as engraved in stone with image. Out of GM's portfolio globally, Cadillac is the one that evokes the most bespoke top quality image.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:27 AM

Found out last weekend than one of my neighbors has a new white NSX. Will have to get a ride in it sometime once it's warmer outside.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:47 PM

I'll use the opinion of the women I know... They see someone in a Vette and think they are "fill in the blank". An older guy driving a Porsche is probably a "fill in the blank". All BMW drivers are "fill in the blank"... It's just how the human mind works and we all do it based on our prior experiences.

I would just never buy a Vette no matter how superior the performance is or level of engineering put into the car. I know there are others that feel the same... If GM wants this new Vette to bring in new drivers into the fold, they should really consider a new moniker or associate to a brand that isn't as engraved in stone with image. Out of GM's portfolio globally, Cadillac is the one that evokes the most bespoke top quality image.
So... you buy cars then based on how people perceive you driving it?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:51 AM

So... you buy cars then based on how people perceive you driving it?
Well, I buy on how I perceive the car and brand. I would be foolish to exclude any external opinions if I choose a polarizing car, but I haven't bought such a car to date. Car market in MA or New England is little different than other parts of the country, so that has also formed my opinion & experience.