Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

2018 jaguar epace suv ev

Old 10-08-2018, 08:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2018 jaguar epace suv ev

its all electric, all wheel drive, about 400 hp, bags of torque on demand so it can smoke most cars, handles like a dream even at 4800 lbs. nice looking, easy to drive fast, it's nimble in it's own way, turns on a time, i like it....240 mile range...i have never before driven an ev or all wheel drive ev like this...it's a jag so it handles and has style. it's just tooooo much money. 7 year warranty, 8 or more on the batteries, govt rebates...the future i guess....
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

We'll take a look at one when our XE lease expires next year. They're on the expensive side, but if JLR can put us in one for what we are paying now I would certainly put on the list. We'll be several thousand miles over our lease, so I may be forced to stick with JLR or have to pay out a lot on lease return. XF Sportbrake is also pretty hot, but I think the only way we'd be able to lease one affordably is if there are some languishing on the dealer lot. I think that could be the case as wagons have been a tough sell in the US. Only the hardcore car enthusiasts love wagons it seems here.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I work for Jaguar and have driven multiples of these. Compared them side by side to a Tesla X. Blew that Tesla out the water. It's got stiffer suspension, SUBSTANTIALLY less noisy cabin, and accelerates just as hard. Adaptive cruise control does work better in the Tesla than the Jag but I'm not one to care all too much for that. The Tesla X's interior is a complete mirror copy of Mercedes interior, if you can overlook that then this isn't a con. Those rear doors on the Tesla X are seriously ****ing loud at any speed over 20mph though. You might as well have a window open.

With that being said, I still wouldn't touch a full EV car with a 10ft pole right now.

I will tell you right now, they are going to blow these cars out the door here in CA. They need to move these EV cars and fast to meet national emissions numbers. As with most things, try and stay away from 1st year products, there are going to be some serious ghost bugs in them if the Velar has told us anything.

EDIT: also your title says e-pace when it's actually the i-pace that's electric.

Last edited by eight; 10-10-2018 at 05:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by eight
I work for Jaguar and have driven multiples of these....

....As with most things, try and stay away from 1st year products, there are going to be some serious ghost bugs in them if the Velar has told us anything.
Velar is on our list. I dig the Yulong White and Byron Blue colors. What are your thoughts on the Evoque convertible? The wife likes that one.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:16 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
What are your thoughts on the Evoque convertible?
Just no.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Just no.
Why do you say that? They look wicked cool. Not so much storage space, but beyond that we like them.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:24 AM
Site Moderator

Why do you say that? They look wicked cool. Not so much storage space, but beyond that we like them.
Because SUV and convertible shouldn't exist, it's a stupid idea. Ask Nissan how well theirs is going.

SUV is about practicality and space, hack the roof off and it's essentially useless. I love my RR, but why the hell they did the Evoque vert is beyond me.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Because SUV and convertible shouldn't exist, it's a stupid idea. Ask Nissan how well theirs is going.

SUV is about practicality and space, hack the roof off and it's essentially useless. I love my RR, but why the hell they did the Evoque vert is beyond me.
Aren't Jeeps Wranglers basically this?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Site Moderator

Aren't Jeeps Wranglers basically this?
Uh, not really. The rear cargo area is still fully accessible in a Wrangler, the convertible top for the Evoque is going to use up pretty the whole trunk I'd guess. In essence you've got a jacked up vert, might as well just get a 3 series vert and a lift kit
Old 10-11-2018, 08:48 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by hirev
it's just tooooo much money. ...
This. I like it, I would not pay $70k to start for it.

I used to be of the thinking that once battery prices come down you are going to be able to go buy a 4 second to sixty car for $30k. I don't believe this any more. Car makers are not stupid, the thing they want above all is profits. Sure they will be able to make cars for $30k that do that kind of speed, but they wont sell it to you for that price. They will put a ton of shorter range, slow electrics like the EGolf or the Leaf at regular car prices, but they will always charge premium luxury car prices on ones that perform.

I once thought, "I will just lay in the weeds because in ten years there will be some electric sports car at a reasonable price that will have a big electric motor and will be moderately priced." I think I can lay in the weeds all I want, but top performing cars will always come at a top performing price and if they did not, automakers would be killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

I just noticed how many stars are buy my screenname. I am ollllllllllldddddddddddddd.

Last edited by vader1; 10-11-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: 2018 jaguar epace suv ev