Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

4C vs F-type vs Evora vs GT350

Old 01-16-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

I agree that Chevys do feel bigger than they actually are, I think it's the seating position. In the camaro, it is like a bunker in there so you drive with dimensional blindness and trust lol.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:10 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by tonerockyhorror
Definitely some good opinions, thanks guys. I've read a lot about poor Lotus quality which definitely makes me nervous. Didn't realize clutch jobs cost that kinda of money, yikes!

On the Aston, I did consider it briefly but the wife talked me out of it. For the money, I'm looking at a 2009-ish which is a bit older than I'd like. And, apart from the look and sound, I didn't get the sports car feel from it. Definitely drove more like a GT for me. All of that plus the iffy reliability and expensive maintenance put it in the cut pile.
You drove an '09 Vantage and thought it didn't feel like a sports car? Was it a manual or have sports suspension? I have had a Porsche driving instructor take my car for a spin and he was blown away. He wants to sell his GT3 for Vantage. Where did you hear about iffy reliability? 4.7L cars are rock solid. Sure, they are expensive to own, but no different than a 100K+ new Porsche would cost to own as it ages.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:12 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

You already have a sedan and an SUV, so get something that is different.

If you want an Aston, buy the version that is more reliable and less costly to maintain:

Or get something really different:

Old 01-17-2018, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT

If you want an Aston, buy the version that is more reliable and less costly to maintain:

I owned that same spec '07 XK pictured, lol. They are great cars. The 2010+ XKR is beast with over 500 HP. Great choice of car. I think they look better than the F Type. That being said it is no Aston Martin...
Old 01-17-2018, 05:40 AM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I owned that same spec '07 XK pictured, lol. They are great cars. The 2010+ XKR is beast with over 500 HP. Great choice of car. I think they look better than the F Type. That being said it is no Aston Martin...
Old 01-17-2018, 05:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd go GT350, maybe add M4 ZCP and M2. I'd still consider Cayman S as well.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
You drove an '09 Vantage and thought it didn't feel like a sports car? Was it a manual or have sports suspension? I have had a Porsche driving instructor take my car for a spin and he was blown away. He wants to sell his GT3 for Vantage. Where did you hear about iffy reliability? 4.7L cars are rock solid. Sure, they are expensive to own, but no different than a 100K+ new Porsche would cost to own as it ages.
Not questioning your experience with the Aston. I drove a 2009 Vantage V8 "Automanual" on an exotic car driving experience a little while back. I don't know if it had the sports suspension. I was comfortable with the roads so I could really push the car and it just didn't feel as sporty as I expected. Granted, it might have something to do with having driven it after a Cayman, R8 and F430 but I even preferred the Maserati GranTurismo I drove immediately after the Vantage.

I'd consider re-testing it if it weren't older than I'd like as well. On the reliability, honestly, I'm just going off of stereotypes that you hear about Astons. I haven't done any real forum research.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by tonerockyhorror
Not questioning your experience with the Aston. I drove a 2009 Vantage V8 "Automanual" on an exotic car driving experience a little while back. I don't know if it had the sports suspension. I was comfortable with the roads so I could really push the car and it just didn't feel as sporty as I expected. Granted, it might have something to do with having driven it after a Cayman, R8 and F430 but I even preferred the Maserati GranTurismo I drove immediately after the Vantage.

I'd consider re-testing it if it weren't older than I'd like as well. On the reliability, honestly, I'm just going off of stereotypes that you hear about Astons. I haven't done any real forum research.
The automanual is not that exciting and is too technical for me. They use the same gearbox as the manual with hydraulic magic to make the clutch work. Funny, I thought the opposite that the GranTurismo; was heavy, lazy, and poor quality materials inside every time I have driven one. I love the outside design, but that car is a porker and hardly a sports car. Great if you need a real back seat and don't mind a small trunk. For me the Vantage is a GT350 and an Evora rolled into one...
Old 01-17-2018, 06:42 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Should probably go drive a C7 Z06 and a ZL1 1LE / ZL1. All come in manual. All rage.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've driven the C7 Vette before and had the same feeling as the Camaro, like another poster put it, like being in a cave. They just don't do it for me.

I hadn't really considered an M2, I'll have to look into it a bit more. I wonder if it's going to feel too sedan-y for me relative to the other options.

Another option I'd strongly consider would be the 2018 TTRS but just too expensive right now.

Quick Reply: 4C vs F-type vs Evora vs GT350