Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Acura RSX type S

Old 01-14-2002, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the price of the RSX type S you can buy a Sentra SER V spec, which is only 16-18K which is 7K less than the RSX. It may be a little slower than the Type S but since it is only a daily driver that wont matter anyways. Or you could look at a civic coupe they get great gas mileage and it is a honda. Just my .02
Old 01-14-2002, 03:33 PM

My reasons are simple, I don't like the RSX because of the styling and marginal performance..plus the high price of the vehicle...in bang for buck, it's just not worth it. I"ve seen the Type S rsx start at 27k!! where as the WRX starts at a little over 23k, has more HP (227 vs 200), AWD, has 4 doors, it's already turbocharged, has an abundant aftermarket since it's been out for so long overseas, ( although styling might get some taking used too ) and is potentially a more potent car for tuning and all around fun driving. I've driven a WRX, and even though the interior is not even close to the standards of polish and refinement of the Acura( I haven't driven a RSX yet, but started one up) it's still a fun car....there is my 2 cents....
Old 01-15-2002, 07:23 AM

Another Daily Driver option: Depending on whether you like the styling, 2001 Preludes are going to be heavily discounted over the next few months (as a result of the discontinuation of the model). The cars are pretty much bullet proof & offer an excellent combination of sporty driving and comfort. . .
Old 01-15-2002, 07:27 AM

what are you looking for in a "daily driver" that your s2000 doesn't give you? truck space, 4 seats, 4 doors, gas mileage or do you want one to keep the miles off your s2000?
Old 01-15-2002, 07:39 AM

i will go for rsx-s. i test drove one before i bought my s2000, i have to say its a superb car. wxr is a very nice car too, but its fugly, and filled with cheap material. personally, i will never buy that car even if it can run to 60 under 5 seconds. the rsx-s does not cost 27k! some stupid dealers mark up prices, but that's not what most people pay for them. even if you pay msrp, its only about 23k-24k. go find a rsx website, you should be able to get much more information there.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WRX fugly?? The RSX is just as fugly imo, looks like a damn Echo and there are no cosmetic mods that can make the RSX look any better. Even the JDM Type R version fails to make it look good. The WRX on the other hand can be fitted with the STi package direct from Subaru with the dual projector lights and can be made to look good relatively inexpensively. And even if the RSX-S does cost $23-24k, you are getting alot less car for the money. For the same price, the WRX has AWD, turbo, more interior and trunk volume, way more practical, like the guy mentioned in another post. WRX hands down unless you like to pay more and get less in which case, the RSX-S is for you.

Let me just drop these photo's to help the original poster decide:

And the new upcoming facelifted WRX (hopefully)

Old 01-15-2002, 10:05 AM

My son just got the RSX Type S ,it is a great car good ride, comfortable , quick and smooth!
We looked at WRX, Sentra Spec V, Jetta and this gave best bang for the buck! Best fit and finish, warranty etc.
There are great lease programs on these $300 no $$$ down.
By the way he said that I could use it whenever I want as long as he can drive mine!
Old 01-15-2002, 11:00 AM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

The RSX-S and WRX really are quite different. For pure performance, the WRX is the better of the two. But it's still a $16k car with a souped up engine in it. The RSX is very nice inside, with Honda's excellent ergonomics, it rides quite well, handles well for a FWD car, and has a decent amount of hauling capability due to its hatchback design. I've never driven a WRX, but I find it to be very cheap inside (relative to the RSX) and it's not exactly a cargo hauling machine.

All the debate over whether the RSX or WRX are good looking or not is pointless - styling is 100% subjective. I don't think the WRX is that good looking, I do like the RSX though, but I'm not the one buying the car.

pHILZ421: what are you really looking for in a 2nd car? Performance, economy, hauling, comfort? Are you single, un-single, have kids? Sounds like Performance is #1 on your list, but just making sure. Yes, the RSX-S "only" has 200 hp, but that's nothing to laugh at. The torque curve on the RSX-S engine is a bit friendlier than the S2000's, although I'm not especially fond of the 1-2 and 2-3 gear spacing. There are a fair number of mods out there, but the car is still new, and in time there'll be everything under the sun for it. If modding ASAP is desire (meaning you have the $$$ now), why not just buy a better car?
Old 01-15-2002, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RSX-S=Expensive souped up Civic Si
Old 01-15-2002, 12:04 PM

You preach the truth Douglas S2000...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and I like the WRX...

I guess i am demented....

Quick Reply: Acura RSX type S