Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Adam Carolla to host a Car show after all...

Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Thumbs down Adam Carolla to host a Car show after all...

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2010...nnel-pilot.html

Speed Channel, so you don't see it during prime time, but still, a car show with some hosts that have some personality?

Adam Carolla to host Speed channel pilot

By: Michael Schneider
Published: Mon, December 13, 2010, 9:08 AM

Adam_carolla Exclusive: Speed Channel is revving up an auto-centric pilot set to star comedian and car buff Adam Carolla.

Carolla will star along with Pulitzer Prize-winning Wall Street Journal auto writer Dan Neil, ex-NBA star John Salley and Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire website.

The untitled Speed show comes from Mandt Bros. Prods., which also just scored a series order from Food Network for the docu-series “Ice Brigade.”

Carolla has been eager to do an auto-based TV show for some time. He previously hosted NBC’s attempt to adapt U.K. hit “Top Gear,” but that version never made it to air. (He’s not involved in the U.S. “Top Gear” that just recently launched on the History channel.)

The untitled show has been described as a cross between “Top Gear” and Fox Sports Net’s old “The Best Damn Sports Show Period” franchise, which featured Salley was a regular.

According to the pitch, the show will feature news and conversation centered around cars, as well as pre-recorded features shot on the road.

Carolla, whose podcast frequently rates among the most-downloaded on the web, has been behind series such as “The Man Show,” “Crank Yankers” and “Too Late with Adam Carolla.”

As for the other Mandt. Bros. project, “Ice Brigade” centers on the daily work at Ice Sculptures Ltd., a high-end ice sculpting business based in Grand Rapids, Mich.

Food Network has ordered six episodes of the series, which was initially developed as a one-time special.

Neil and Michael Mandt, who head up Mandt Bros., are behind the independently produced Showtime laffer “Next Stop for Charlie” – which was picked up by the cabler for 10 episodes. Series is based on their 2006 feature “Last Stop for Paul.”

The Mandt Bros. also exec produce ESPN’s “Jim Rome is Burning” and the Jeff Dye-hosted web series “It Happened for Real.”

At Syfy, the Mandt Bros. created “Destination Truth.”

Read more: http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2010...l#ixzz181k5YGie
Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Sounds good so far, I enjoyed his radio show back when he had it, then danny douche ruined it in so many ways (I liked him on it, but the behind the scenes drama that he caused just caused too much bad publicity).
Old 12-13-2010, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really liked to watch him on The Adam Carolla Project which was a show about flipping a house in Cali. This sounds like it will be good too!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 PM

John Salley?! Sounds horrible.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Awesome! I'm a big Carolla fan and I've seen a few videos with Matt Farah and he's actually pretty good. John Salley is very well spoken and a fun character too....althoough he'll have problems fitting into many cars. This show has good potential.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1JdTa6vCQE [/media]
Old 12-13-2010, 05:45 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I envision more of a campfire chat kind of show with off screen commentary when the cars show up, but the banter could be good.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:48 PM

Farah's constant giggling is impossible to watch.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Adam Corolla is as intolerable as the car he is named after. Listening to him makes me think I'm trapped in a car with a retarded demon. Sure, he might have something valid to say occasionallly, but I taste vomit in the back of my mouth every time I hear his voice. Mostly due to his tendency to carry the retarded and intolerant viewpoint way, way to far. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Without Dr. Drew, he can't hold a job.

And Dan Neil is a car-moron of the first order. He has no knowledge of automotive history and no understanding of the automotive market whatsoever. His credentials as an auto critic consist of constantly being fired. The only reason he gets hired is because people like to watch trainwrecks.

Yeah, high hopes for this show :/ I'll watch it for the first few episodes, but they'll have to work to keep me as a viewer. And neither Corolla nor Neil have demonstrated an awareness of their own ignorance. So guess which way I'd bet

I just hope this doesn't drag Matt Farah's career down. He doesn't need those two boat anchors. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

Adam Carolla is the biggest douchetard in all the world. What a freaking terrible choice.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:13 AM

It should be easier to watch than the American Top Gear on right now, those guys just look so uncomfortable when joking around with each other, very unlike the English Top Gear. I see this new show with more of a Best Damn Sports Show Period vibe, where they can clown each other like a bunch of dudes talking about sports, which America is pretty good at.

Quick Reply: Adam Carolla to host a Car show after all...