Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Advice Regarding Ferrari 599 vs F430 Scuderia

Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

430 scud all day!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just the "base" F430? Low 100s, comfortable like the 599 and very capable on the performance front.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rnye
Why not just the "base" F430? Low 100s, comfortable like the 599 and very capable on the performance front.

Thats what I was wondering, it seems like the only reason the OP isn't pulling the trigger on the Scud is because of the sacrifices that car has, no radio, loud, stiff suspension etc. etc. aka its not very livable outside the track/weekend drives. So if thats the car you want minus the harshness of it, then I'd start looking at the Base 430s. Just because it's cheaper doesn't make you less of a successful person, just makes you a better decision maker. Unless you're trying to just tell everyone around you how much money you have, no reason to spend double the money for half the car.

If I were looking at a new (to me) car, I would be able to afford a car with ~$45k price tag, but that doesn't mean I wont be looking at the cars with $30k price tags as well.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Of the two, I have only driven the Scuderia...and it had the personality of a S2000 with A LOT more performance involved. I would definitely go for the thrills of that car versus a GT car.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 AM

Scuderia would be more comparible to the S2000 of the two, so my pick would be the scud.

Otherwise an SLS AMG
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM

There is no reason to buy a car that is noisy and uncomfortable that you'll never drive at the limit. Why be miserable for the few moments you get to scare yourself, for that you should just get a bike, date a stripper or skydive. Get the base/spyder 430 and enjoy driving a car that you'll never get to drive to the limit. The 599 seems great to cover ground in though. Either way, enjoy shopping!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by fishfryer
There is no reason to buy a car that is noisy and uncomfortable that you'll never drive at the limit. Why be miserable for the few moments you get to scare yourself, for that you should just get a bike, date a stripper or skydive. Get the base/spyder 430 and enjoy driving a car that you'll never get to drive to the limit. The 599 seems great to cover ground in though. Either way, enjoy shopping!!
LOL have you driven one?

Driving a Scud for 1 day a month is worth owning the car.

I barely get to drive my exige, and it's worth every single Penny. Everytime you get to drive a car like that it's an "event". It's fun to just get in and drive nowhere. Just for the hell of it.

Also slowly all these exotics are becoming more and more soft. Enjoy the raw exotics while they still exist!

Also Id bet the scud will retain its value the most if you drive low mileage. A base 430 will retain better value if your going to drive a lot.

Don't overestimate how much your actually going to drive it though. Most people I know with exotics either don't have the time to drive the cars that much.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by fishfryer' timestamp='1357149195' post='22241234
LOL have you driven one?

Driving a Scud for 1 day a month is worth owning the car.

1 day a month? ummmm OK.

Never drove a Scud, but own/driven plenty of scary fast vehicles. My point is if you are going to buy a car to be a poser on the street, it is kinda dopey, if you are buying a car to have fun on the street and blast around, the base car is already massive overkill but at least you will enjoy the ride. Everybody thinks having a racecar for everyday use is a great idea, but if that were true, you'd see piles of lotus 7s or atoms out there, the truth is, semi race cars are annoying on the street after the novelty wears off. But I do like the Lotus Exige, its as useless as a motorcycle with only half the fun!

edit: Scuds are for Trackdays, Base cars are for everyday.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fishfryer
1 day a month? ummmm OK.

Never drove a Scud, but own/driven plenty of scary fast vehicles. My point is if you are going to buy a car to be a poser on the street, it is kinda dopey, if you are buying a car to have fun on the street and blast around, the base car is already massive overkill but at least you will enjoy the ride. Everybody thinks having a racecar for everyday use is a great idea, but if that were true, you'd see piles of lotus 7s or atoms out there, the truth is, semi race cars are annoying on the street after the novelty wears off. But I do like the Lotus Exige, its as useless as a motorcycle with only half the fun!

edit: Scuds are for Trackdays, Base cars are for everyday.
The OP has already made it clear this is not his daily driver...

And I don't think owning a track-prepped car such as the Scuderia and driving it on the street once in awhile makes the owner a poser?

I could take your statement and twist it to say how hardtop S2000 owners are posers since they bought a convertible.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM

Sounds like the op needs to get the scuderia..just be easy on that suede interior

Quick Reply: Advice Regarding Ferrari 599 vs F430 Scuderia