Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Alex Zanardi NSX

Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mezza
Originally Posted by ninjajwl' timestamp='1371532616' post='22615035
I think that car also has a bunch of extra Comptech goodies on it like the SuperCharger, exhaust, and a few other things. Most cars with FI mods go down in value, but the NSX actually gains value in the market with a properly installed CTSC.

That being said, it's still hard to justify that price, but the Zanardi NSX is really the ultimate NSX. I heard the driving dynamics of the Zanardi is pretty awesome. It's something you'd have to drive for yourself. A jump from a standard NA2 to a Zanardi is a much larger leap than from a S2000 to a CR for comparison.
No, the NSX R GT is the ultimate NSX.
I think he means for the American market.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you guys for the responses. I guess to some it is worth 100k due to its rarity. Thanks for the education. As for me, rarity is nice, but if I can do those same upgrades and still be below 100k, it loses all prestige. At least in my eyes. I want to believe the NSX is worth that, but so many others have done those upgrades and more and demand much less. With 5k on the odometer, I feel it is not a drivers car. Its probably going to be a collectors car.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 AM

If you want a 3.2L 6 speed coupe than a Zanardi is your best bet.
They made more Zanardi's than 3.2L 6 speed coupes (97-2001). After that they only imported targa's.

97+ coupes are extreme rare and have the stiffest chassis and weigh about 100lbs less than the targas. They don't even have a shock tower brace in the engine bay like the early coupe models. The Zanardi drops about another 50lbs.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by MaxGeek
If you want a 3.2L 6 speed coupe than a Zanardi is your best bet.
They made more Zanardi's than 3.2L 6 speed coupes (97-2001). After that they only imported targa's.

97+ coupes are extreme rare and have the stiffest chassis and weigh about 100lbs less than the targas. They don't even have a shock tower brace in the engine bay like the early coupe models. The Zanardi drops about another 50lbs.
I get the weight reduction and all that. For me, when viewing what's on the market currently (in its class) vs Zanardi NSX, to me it is not worth it. Also, since the car is a 99 and only has 5K on it, it may be the ultimate driving machine, but at 5K miles, people who buy this car are not looking to drive and enjoy it. I believe that this car will either sit in a garage, stay on the showroom floor or be bought by a museum. If I had 100K to blow, Id buy it, drive it, and enjoy it. But, is it worth 100K? Maybe according to others, but not me. Also, I know a particular NSX owner who has a 2000 MCB NSX with 25k on odometer and he actually increased his sale price from I 65K-70K despite increased mileage. He's been trying to sell the car at that price for at least 5-6 years. Btw, it's still for sale cause he refuses to sell at a lower price, and firmly believes in what NADA and KBB value his car at, not what the market is actually selling it at. There are a number of variables to determine price of a vehicle, but this particular model to me won't sell at that price there or on an Auction floor.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NSX is a car you have to want and dream of owning in order to justify their inflated prices... especially the 97+ 3.2L models. On paper, there is no reason to spend that kind of money on a car like the NSX except it being your dream car.

If you dream of owning the best USDM NSX, the Zanardi might be it. Their asking price is ridiculous, but there may be one collector out there who has dreamed of owning a Zanardi. If it were up to me, I'd pay considerably less because I wouldn't want such an extensively modified car.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ninjajwl
The NSX is a car you have to want and dream of owning in order to justify their inflated prices... especially the 97+ 3.2L models. On paper, there is no reason to spend that kind of money on a car like the NSX except it being your dream car.

If you dream of owning the best USDM NSX, the Zanardi might be it. Their asking price is ridiculous, but there may be one collector out there who has dreamed of owning a Zanardi. If it were up to me, I'd pay considerably less because I wouldn't want such an extensively modified car.
Odd thing is that I love the NSX and plan on purchasing a 1997-2001 in the next 5-10 years. The math just wasn't adding up for me on this particular rare, special edition car. If I were to purchase the same or better mods and do similar modifications to a 40-45K NSX, I would still be way under. I did the math and if I remember correctly I would have spent roughly 20K-25K on mods.

But, to other NSX and S2000 owners, would you personally purchase this particular model if you had the money to do so? If so, why? And would you drive it or let it sit?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_s2k
Originally Posted by ninjajwl' timestamp='1371967915' post='22625468

Odd thing is that I love the NSX and plan on purchasing a 1997-2001 in the next 5-10 years. The math just wasn't adding up for me on this particular rare, special edition car. If I were to purchase the same or better mods and do similar modifications to a 40-45K NSX, I would still be way under. I did the math and if I remember correctly I would have spent roughly 20K-25K on mods.

But, to other NSX and S2000 owners, would you personally purchase this particular model if you had the money to do so? If so, why? And would you drive it or let it sit?
For that money, I'd probably buy a different car, although an NSX is probably number 2 on my list of "dream" cars to own. An air cooled NA 993 or 964 coupe is number one on that list.

And, if I bought it, I would drive the shit out of it like I drive the shit out of my S2000. I don't believe in "saving" and "preserving" things to let them sit and turn into show pieces. If I don't think or feel that I can drive a car to it's fullest and really enjoy it on a regular basis, then it's probably too expensive and out of my league. If all i was going to do was stare at it in my garage, then I'd just go on the internet and stare at cars for free all day (which i already do... ) .

It's like having a really hot girlfriend. Are you just going to talk to her and stare at her all day while you're together? I didn't think so.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Originally Posted by 02_s2k' timestamp='1371971408' post='22625502
[quote name='ninjajwl' timestamp='1371967915' post='22625468']

For that money, I'd probably buy a different car, although an NSX is probably number 2 on my list of "dream" cars to own. An air cooled NA 993 or 964 coupe is number one on that list.

And, if I bought it, I would drive the shit out of it like I drive the shit out of my S2000. I don't believe in "saving" and "preserving" things to let them sit and turn into show pieces. If I don't think or feel that I can drive a car to it's fullest and really enjoy it on a regular basis, then it's probably too expensive and out of my league. If all i was going to do was stare at it in my garage, then I'd just go on the internet and stare at cars for free all day (which i already do... ) .

It's like having a really hot girlfriend. Are you just going to talk to her and stare at her all day while you're together? I didn't think so.
[/quote]
Wow. That is probably the best analogy I've heard. You're right. If I had the one special hottest girl everyone wanted, I wouldn't be staring at her all day. Hell, I wouldn't even be typing. I'd be 'busy'. LOL. Seriously. That's such a great analogy. Any others have any comments?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:25 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

You're much better off looking for a '97+ that isn't a targa model and doing whatever mods you wish to that. The coupes do exist but were all special order.

Quick Reply: Alex Zanardi NSX