Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any car shipping recommendations?

Old 03-26-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by desii
That is a good price! I've only been quoting for open trailers, i should check on an enclosed one.

I just realized I do have lowering springs (espier) on my s2000. Doesn't seem low to me but does anyone know if that will cause an issue loading the car up?

I have my oem suspension I can swap into the car but really didnt want to spend a limited weekend doing that project.
My Corvette's pretty low to the ground, at least as low as either of my S2000s (00 and 06), and the driver didn't have any problem. I watched him back my Vette on ramps off the transporter, onto the street, and into my driveway, which has a pretty good downward slope.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
My Corvette's pretty low to the ground, at least as low as either of my S2000s (00 and 06), and the driver didn't have any problem. I watched him back my Vette on ramps off the transporter, onto the street, and into my driveway, which has a pretty good downward slope.

Thanks, that is pretty comforting to know. If i get some time between now and when I have to move, Ill probably just swap the suspension since I have oem set of shocks and springs.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:24 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

I shipped mine from GA to MI two weeks ago for $1000 through National Express. Enclosed trailer and it got there next day. My driver took about 80 photos before and after the car was loaded. My car is a full track car and they had no problems or qualms.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:36 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

It's an awful industry all around. After multiple failed attempts a few years ago I just drove the car myself. If you have the time get a truck and uhaul to do it yourself.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just used ShipWit to ship a vehicle from Miami to San Diego and I would never use them as a broker again. They quoted me a price, x amount goes to ShipWit to find a carrier and x amount goes to the shipping carrier. I agreed upon the price, paid them a service fee and received an email receipt with the confirmation. They told me a shipping carrier will be in touch with me. A few days later, I get a text from the carrier to pick up my vehicle which I acknowledged and they picked it up. After the car was picked up, I get a call from ShipWit, told me everything was done and asked if I got a phone call or email confirmation from ShiptWit and I replied no and asked if they could send it to me. They forwarded me the confirmation which increased the price to pay the shipper by $150 without my consent. They told me I was supposed to get an email confirmation/phone call for me to confirm and accept any adjustments which I never got. So now my car was already being shipped and ShipWit was trying to explain to me no carrier was willing to take that price we quoted yada yada and will try to talk to the carrier. Over the course of 1.5 weeks of going back and forth and them never returning my phone calls, they refunded my service fee and admitted they were at fault and verified no one contacted me via email or phone call. They really did not want to refund me or accept responsibility after telling them numerous times I never confirmed or agreed upon the new price. Stay away from ShipWit!