Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any GSR fans?

Old 07-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the Integra GS-R. I actually have a black one that I bought new in 1996 and have driven it only about 3,000 miles since 2001!! Funny thing is that I was talking to some of my friends about it tonight and they all forgot I even had the car since it has been in storage since the summer of 2004. We figure it has to be one of the lowest mileage Integras around.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a GSR, love it but wish it wasn't FWD, except come winter. Great trunk space. Man I have a Milano Red 1995, with cloth seats. I hear that the cloth seats on a GSR are hard to find. I am actually worried everyday that somebody will steal mine. Drive it normally as I hope it would treat me with the same respect and not break down on me.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:22 PM

Any common faults with the integra? I noticed my power antenna made clicking noises so I just disabled the wire so that it would stay down forever when I put a CD player in it. I also hear a rattle under my car from 3300-3500rpms, how can I go about to fix this?
Old 07-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my antenna never worked from day 1 of ownership. I never even listened to the radio for like 3 years lol

mp3 player > radio
Old 07-16-2005, 09:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Christople,Jul 16 2005, 08:22 PM
Any common faults with the integra? I noticed my power antenna made clicking noises so I just disabled the wire so that it would stay down forever when I put a CD player in it. I also hear a rattle under my car from 3300-3500rpms, how can I go about to fix this?
I broke my antenna on a gate. I put a S2000 antenna on it and it looks sweet.

the problem you have is the "a-pipe rattle". The manifold is a pipe-in-a-pipe, and the inner pipe breaks and rattles. the fix is a new manifold or a header.

i actually have a gsr manifold in my closet. interested?
Old 07-16-2005, 10:53 PM

Cool story bro
Old 07-16-2005, 11:52 PM

I don't understand the attraction of a 4 door Integra. I still remember when I first saw one... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It just looked so wrong to me.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2ks2k,Jul 16 2005, 05:13 PM
I dissagree. I think the front look of the Integra is what made it so popular. Teh front of a cars looks goes a long ways towards it popularity, much in the way our faces do.
naa. the integra was popular because it was a vehicle built by honda/acura that was relatively inexpensive , had a generally appealing shape and design, had decent fuel economy and performance, and was fun to drive. i guess the integra's front end was one that you either love or hate. personally, i chose the prelude over the integra at the time, because the front end of the integra just didn't do it for me.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by CBeyond,Jul 16 2005, 11:52 PM
I don't understand the attraction of a 4 door Integra. I still remember when I first saw one... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It just looked so wrong to me.
Are you kidding? The 4 door Integra rocks!

It was a relative sleeper (4 doors are usually sedate) and it looked a lot more refined than the hatchback, the long lines and longer wheelbase make for better proportions (IMHO)

It felt pretty nice to have the highest revving, most N/A HP/l, 4-door out there. Back in 1994, the closest you could get to a performance sedan was an E36 M3... and then eventually the SVT Contour.

Remember, the 4 door GSR (DB8) was out before the whole 4-door performance car craze hit with the Mazdaspeed Protege, SRT-4, and the Japanese wonder twins: STi/WRX and Evo.

Eh... maybe I'm just getting nostalgic... I_miss_my_DB8

Old 07-17-2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Christople,Jul 16 2005, 10:53 PM
Very interested. Could you show me pics as to where this is at?

khensouri@gmail.com
I'm on my 3rd A-pipe on my 95 GSR 4dr. First one died at 20k miles under warranty, second one at 80k. I'm at 126k now.

If you crawl under the car, find the catalytic converter. The A-pipe attaches to the front of the cat with spring bolts. From there, the A-pipe goes forward, bends up, and connects to the exhaust manifold at the front of the block. The A-pipe has two pipes merging into one, thus the name A-pipe (although it is more of a Y-pipe). One of the spring bolts at the cat is a giant PITA to get off - I didn't have a ratchet/extension combo that fit into the space available, and had to use a box-end wrench at 1/8 turn at a time. Unless you live in salt country, then all the bolts will be a PITA to get off. I think I had to remove part of the plastic panel under the car to get to the front upper bolts. Hit all the bolts with WD40 or similar and let soak for a few hours before attempting removal. Plan on getting a decent-sized breaker bar, too.

The a-pipe and the power antenna seem to be among the biggest problem areas in the car. I did have to have the power steering pump rebuilt at around 80k, too, which I thought was disappointing. Between 90k and 120k miles, I've had to replace: brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, CV boots, radiator, starter, AC recharge. Typical for a car with 100k miles. Amazingly, I've never burned out a light bulb, though.

-Larry

Quick Reply: Any GSR fans?