Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?

Old 07-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LikeTheNight
Any dual s2k CTR owners around Cincy? I'd really like to ride in and drive one if possible. Getting another s2kers down to earth opinion on the car would be nice without having the dealership nonsense and salesman talking in my ear. I went to Kings Honda on Friday to look at their new CW one and they basically told me I had to buy it to drive it
take a trip down to socal and you can drive mine lol.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:30 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

I was talking to a guy that tracks his fairly heavily, he said that the overheating issue is actually from the catalytic converter that sits in front of the motor thereby heatsoaking the radiator / intercooler / oil cooler. Truth?
Old 07-13-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted the same question on the type r forum and was able to meet up with a guy in Indy since I was there for work anyway. I got to drive it but only in stop n go traffic . He was good conversation but he was coming from a different, dare I say non-s2k background and didn't really share the same doubts I have about the R. Mine are mostly the meh engine/exhaust sound and lack of fwd grip especially if tuned. I know it's not made for straight lines but it doesn't seem as fast IRL as what I thought it would be by how it looks on paper. Needless to say I'm still waiting for a more local guy to at least take me for a proper drive so I can see what an R can do

He'd never sat or driven an s2k before. All he had time for was to go around the back of the walmart where we met. That short drive and a rip through first gear of loud N1 exhaust was enough for him to say it made him want one.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Great thread idea, love to see more pictures!

There's also quite a few NSX owners that have a CTR as well so that is also something pretty cool to keep in mind

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@euroboutique/videos
Follow-Us Instagram/Facebook: https://www.instagram.com/euroboutique/

Old 07-16-2018, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinSSAP1
Joey! Got your LED's installed in my baby!

where did you get those side markers from?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:12 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Evans just tuned one to 378whp / 392 lb-ft with an intake, exhaust and intercooler. Not bad for pump fuel!
Old 07-18-2018, 06:35 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Thank God:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/spie...-smaller-wing/
Old 07-18-2018, 06:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
Praise the Lord!!

I'm holding out hope that those camo shots of the rear on the white car indicate that they are finally getting rid of that gaudy ridiculous black honeycomb junk all over the front and rear of the car.

If Honda can get it right with this revision they could potentially sway me away from my GTI and back in to a Honda for the first time since selling my S2000 in 2006.

It's a damn shame that someone who used to be loyal to Honda and has owned 3 CRX's, 2 Civic Si hatches, a 91 Accord and an S2000 hasn't been even remotely moved by one of their offerings in the last 20 years.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:13 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I agree. It is a fairly intriguing car if they can tone down the ugly. I get that some people like them as is, and the Civic has grown on me since introduction. But I might be able to convince myself that it would be a nice car if they toned it down a bit and perhaps heated the front seats. The fact that it is a fun driving car with a giant hatch makes it quite an interesting package.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:40 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

There are a couple floating around our autosports club. I did some instructor ride alongs with someone at a practice autox event and can say I was surprised at how well it managed the power with FWD. She drove it well, but even when she was overly aggressive with the go pedal it did not turn into as much of a push monster as I expected:P Still not enough for me to pay $35k for a FWD hatch, but surprising nonetheless. Still not totally used to the looks, but it is not nearly as bad as a lot of cars on the market that others seem to think look good :P

Quick Reply: Any other New 2017 Civic Type R Owners?