Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Any previous DC5 owners?

Old 12-12-2017, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any previous DC5 owners?

Good afternoon guys.

Joined here quite a while ago but never needed to post anything until now. But an s2000 is one of my all time favourite hondas. A voltex kit, ce28's, and a j's racing wing and its one of the best looking cars ever! That's exactly how I would want mine to look. Then later on supercharge it.. big monies though as we all know. However I have never owned an s2000. Despite how much I love the car it was never practical enough for me. Due to the car being so small, and only two seats. As I use to basically be a taxi driver lol always drove my friends around, had my girlfriend and even took her younger siblings out too. So space was always an issue. I like a big boot as well, don't even know if I could fit my snooker cue inside an s2000 boot! So everything with the s2000 didn't match my circumstance. However, half a year ago everything changed. I'm now alone a lot and all I can think about is an s2000! Heard a lot of good things about them too. Meant to be fantastic to drive, handles amazing, only thing is the car can bite you if you don't know what your doing. Which will probably be me as I've never drove a rwd car either. But I don't really push my cars to the limit so think I'd be alright lol. I don't track my cars either, just love modding them and driving them about.

I currently own a big spec'd Honda Dc5. Jackson racing supercharged etc. One thing that puts me off is going from a supercharged car to an NA car that's standard. I'm one of those guys who prefer supercharged over NA ������ Love the power of my car, currently at 300bhp and the powers awesome! Sounds awesome as well with the charger whining at you. Had my car for 4 and a half years now and spent a fortune on it. Part of me will probably regret selling it if I were to but I really want to get an s2000, need to get rid of that itch! There's always going to be comparison going to a new car and comparing it to the old. Especially a big modded one to a completely standard car. Want to also sell mine to free some funds and get a standard s2000. Which I can later on start modding when I can afford to.

So has anyone ever went from an dc5 to an s2000?

Thanks.
Heres a few pictures of my DC5;

Last edited by jrsc; 12-12-2017 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I had an RSX Type S, I actually traded it in for my first S2000. My RSX was not supercharged though but the s2k is so much more nimble then the RSX and I loved being able to put the roof down. I don't think there much different power wise though. But I loved the handling aspect of it though, the RSX always felt so big and chunky, and for whatever reason I always had alignment issues.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Your DC5 looks nice. If you can afford, get the S2000 while keeping your DC5.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
I had an RSX Type S, I actually traded it in for my first S2000. My RSX was not supercharged though but the s2k is so much more nimble then the RSX and I loved being able to put the roof down. I don't think there much different power wise though. But I loved the handling aspect of it though, the RSX always felt so big and chunky, and for whatever reason I always had alignment issues.
Another reason i love an s2000. Roof down, and blast down some nice country roads when the suns shining! I could imagine that feeling great. Especially if you have a great sounding exhaust Weird you had issues with the handling! Did you find the s2000 handling a lot better then?

Originally Posted by rudyy
Your DC5 looks nice. If you can afford, get the S2000 while keeping your DC5.
Thanks! I would absolutely love that! But unfortunately cant afford to do that Already have a daily which is a another honda, a CRZ. And being jobless currently doesnt help lol.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:35 AM

Yea the s2000 is tons better, but fair warning the s2000 is very unforgiving if you go for a spirited drive and push beyond your limits though!
Old 12-12-2017, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Yea the s2000 is tons better, but fair warning the s2000 is very unforgiving if you go for a spirited drive and push beyond your limits though!
Haha I'll be that one idiot who ends up being in a tree or down a ditch! Though i'm very careful when i'm driving. I always have a feeling in the back of my head and i'm scared to crash. Last thing i want to do is break something, genuine parts dont come cheap! Even in my dc5 i'm rarely anywhere near the limiter. But i guess when your in an NA car its different as the powers up there... I do hear that a lot though. The garage i go to, he loves honda's too but isn't a fan of an s2000. He says no matter now many times you drive it and how good you get at driving it, the car will always be unpredictable. You could turn the same corner 100 times and it'll be different each time.. On the other hand i hear its a very rewarding car to drive
Old 12-12-2017, 06:47 AM

The car is pretty predicable once you get used to it, im on my second s2000 and have been to many HPDE events and never had any major offs, so I would disagree with your friend. If spinning out on a turn is a concern then get one of the AP2 models that are a little bit safer since they have traction control and the snap over steer issue has been addressed.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:05 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I went DC5 to 2 Miata (1 turbo / 1 supercharged) to NA S2000. When I got my s2000 it did remind me quite a bit of the RSX-S from the engine / VTEC kick. There are the obvious differences as the S2000 is a better handling car, convertible, RWD, better balance, etc...

Reasons I went to Miata / S2000 is I had started tracking while the RSX-S was fun I wanted something better balanced and didn't want to destroy my front tires every track weekend. My $.02, if you love running boosted, are not tracking or plan to, and getting a convertible is not a part of your priority here....keep your modded DC5. They are fun, practical, comfortable, etc.. not to mention going to an S2000 and boosting it would not be a cheap proposition.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I went from a dc5 to an s2k. I wasn't supercharged on the dc5 but i had the typical full bolt-on's w/ kpro. No regrets whatsoever. Not even comparable... and it's hilarious how much better of a car the s2k is over the dc5 in every aspect except for interior & trunk space. Supercharging an s2k is so much more fun than a s/c dc5. I have a friend that's JR s/c'd on his dc5 and it's no where near as quick. Get an s2k, get a kw s/c and you'll love life.

Oh and if you like the whine of a JR s/c on your dc5 then you'll love the whine of a kw s/c!
Old 12-13-2017, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by lookstoomuch
I went DC5 to 2 Miata (1 turbo / 1 supercharged) to NA S2000. When I got my s2000 it did remind me quite a bit of the RSX-S from the engine / VTEC kick. There are the obvious differences as the S2000 is a better handling car, convertible, RWD, better balance, etc...

Reasons I went to Miata / S2000 is I had started tracking while the RSX-S was fun I wanted something better balanced and didn't want to destroy my front tires every track weekend. My $.02, if you love running boosted, are not tracking or plan to, and getting a convertible is not a part of your priority here....keep your modded DC5. They are fun, practical, comfortable, etc.. not to mention going to an S2000 and boosting it would not be a cheap proposition.
The Miata mustve been quite the rocket! Such a little car boosted! Thanks for the input. I do love my dc5 but at the same time ive had it for so long and spent so much on it, i have also lost interest in it. So just want a change, although it'll be a huge change going to a standard car, the s2000 still looks great in standard form and 240bhp should still be pretty fun!

Originally Posted by eight
I went from a dc5 to an s2k. I wasn't supercharged on the dc5 but i had the typical full bolt-on's w/ kpro. No regrets whatsoever. Not even comparable... and it's hilarious how much better of a car the s2k is over the dc5 in every aspect except for interior & trunk space. Supercharging an s2k is so much more fun than a s/c dc5. I have a friend that's JR s/c'd on his dc5 and it's no where near as quick. Get an s2k, get a kw s/c and you'll love life.

Oh and if you like the whine of a JR s/c on your dc5 then you'll love the whine of a kw s/c!
Thats great to know! Thanks. Even though the dc5 had bolt ons the power would still be the same around the s2000 i'd imagine? I do love the look of dc5's but theres just something about an s2000 that draws my attention more! Did you find the space a huge issue going down in size? This is drawing my mind more to an s2000 now lol lthough if i did charge it i'd love a hks charger! will have to look into kw too by the sounds of it.

Quick Reply: Any previous DC5 owners?