Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Big stupid vehicle keeping me out of my S...

Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.

Big stupid vehicle keeping me out of my S...

 
Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Chris Stack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Big stupid vehicle keeping me out of my S...

Basically on a whim a month ago I ordered a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4dr) as a new daily driver to replace my TSX. I got it on 8/22 and I can’t stay out of the thing. Part of it is novelty but part is that it’s just so versatile and awesome. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, no sports car roads anywhere near here, so no great sacrifice. I love the Lego nature of it, multiple configurations of top/door removal, etc. And I love I can haul the kids around too which I can’t (I have a 1y/o) in the S.

S isn’t going anywhere, but I’m putting it in storage in a couple weeks and not really regretting it because I have the giant red Jeep.

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...A1B5767652.jpg

[img]http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...F86A71731B.jpg

[img]http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/r...1EA3FE6E48.jpg
Chris Stack is offline  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:47 PM
  #2  
 
NFRSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 377
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Congrats on your new Jeep! They are my second favorite vehicles (after the S, of course). I’ve had 3 of them: YJ, JK and JKU. I found them great for DD and can tackle any kind of terrain. Definitely fun to play around with the tops/doors configurations. I have not driven the new JL/JLU yet, how are you liking yours?!
NFRSam is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 AM
  #3  
 
vader1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ST Paul
Posts: 10,915
Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts
Default

Nice car. They look like so much fun.

I have been tempted to check one out by I am worried about 2 things, highway ride/noise levels and gas mileage. I don't care that much about the price of gas when cheap, but I like the fact I get about 30 mpg in the daily and if gas went way up and my mileage went way down it would probably annoy me. How is the noise level with the soft top?
vader1 is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 08:50 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 17,204
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Congrats on the JL!!! Ive had mine since April... 4" lift with 37's... still topped out at 116mph (GPS verified..lol)... gets ~17mpg and hauls all my shit.... I love 4 door Wranglers!!!

I need more lift with the 37's... i am sure as soon as i take it off road it will destroy a fender

Scot is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM
  #5  
 
darcyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: um, a house
Posts: 3,330
Likes: 0
Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Default

...and curbs will mean nothing to you. Go off roading! I love jeeps- I just wish they didn't rust away in our salty northern climate. If I lived in AZ, it would be a daily for me. With 3 pedals!

darcy
darcyw is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 05:39 PM
  #6  
 
TsukubaCody's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,805
Received 103 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vader1 View Post
I have been tempted to check one out by I am worried about 2 things, highway ride/noise levels and gas mileage. I don't care that much about the price of gas when cheap, but I like the fact I get about 30 mpg in the daily and if gas went way up and my mileage went way down it would probably annoy me. How is the noise level with the soft top?
They're mega loud & ride less comfortably than my AP1 on coilovers.

With build quality that makes a Plymouth Neon look like an LS500.

While getting 15 MPG.

And costing a whole bunch.

Great for keeping FCA profitable, bad at, well, everything else.
TsukubaCody is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 126
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody View Post
They're mega loud & ride less comfortably than my AP1 on coilovers.

With build quality that makes a Plymouth Neon look like an LS500.

While getting 15 MPG.

And costing a whole bunch.

Great for keeping FCA profitable, bad at, well, everything else.
Clearly you haven’t been in a modern Wrangler. Only one point is accurate, they are costly. But they hold their value better than most vehicles. Build quality is fine. I find my lifted Wrangler infinitely more comfortable than my S. I can easily have a call on Bluetooth. I wouldn’t even consider taking a call in my S. 75k problem free miles on my ‘13 JKU, and it’s a 6 speed. Favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned.

You sound, jelly.
ssbfgc is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 07:56 PM
  #8  
 
TsukubaCody's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,805
Received 103 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ssbfgc View Post

Clearly you haven’t been in a modern Wrangler. Only one point is accurate, they are costly. But they hold their value better than most vehicles. Build quality is fine. I find my lifted Wrangler infinitely more comfortable than my S. I can easily have a call on Bluetooth. I wouldn’t even consider taking a call in my S. 75k problem free miles on my ‘13 JKU, and it’s a 6 speed. Favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned.

You sound, jelly.
I've driven and ridden a good chunk of miles in both a '16 JKU Rubicon and a '13 JK Rubicon with 6MT. My points are entirely valid, when my $15k Honda Fit daily is more comfortable & better built than a vehicle that can easily be optioned to over $50,000...one of the two is seriously flawed and it isn't the cheap one.

I am not jealous of material goods, let alone goods I do not have any desire for.
TsukubaCody is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 06:38 AM
  #9  
Former Moderator
 
sam_spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 37,345
Received 290 Likes on 209 Posts
Default

We had a '13 JKU Sahara and loved it. Ours was a hardtop, we used it to tow our popup camper across the country a couple times.


sam_spider is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 08:11 AM
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 126
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody View Post
I've driven and ridden a good chunk of miles in both a '16 JKU Rubicon and a '13 JK Rubicon with 6MT. My points are entirely valid, when my $15k Honda Fit daily is more comfortable & better built than a vehicle that can easily be optioned to over $50,000...one of the two is seriously flawed and it isn't the cheap one.

I am not jealous of material goods, let alone goods I do not have any desire for.
Lol fantastic comparison!! Like I said, not disagreeing on the cost. But to say a lowered S2000 is more comfortable than a Wrangler is just silly, or you’re really that bias. Now let’s see a pic of your Fit with the doors and roof removed Different strokes for different folks.
ssbfgc is offline  

Quick Reply: Big stupid vehicle keeping me out of my S...


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands