Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Bought a new Daily driver to replace my i3.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Camber plates are pretty common first mods. The first time I drove the car in track mode with Advancetrac off, I got far more oversteer than anything else, lol..

You're right, the car is quicker than it lets on. You have to feather it out of first to really get the most out of it. I like the way the tune has addressed some of the responsiveness, and I like the ability to get more power from less money at the pump...93 is about 4 bucks a gallon in my area and only one station within 50 miles of me has it.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GT350RS
Camber plates are pretty common first mods. The first time I drove the car in track mode with Advancetrac off, I got far more oversteer than anything else, lol..

You're right, the car is quicker than it lets on. You have to feather it out of first to really get the most out of it. I like the way the tune has addressed some of the responsiveness, and I like the ability to get more power from less money at the pump...93 is about 4 bucks a gallon in my area and only one station within 50 miles of me has it.
whoa that’s crazy. I’m paying 2.80 for 93 here in Austin and 93 is the standard premium grade. It’s a good thing because this car drinks gas like nothing. Haha.

On throttle its it’s really easy to bring the back end around, but I have to really slow down to get the front to point towards the apex with the factory alignment settings.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:31 AM

Some more track time with proper audio.

Supersports are still terrible tires on the track.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by radiantm3
whoa that’s crazy. I’m paying 2.80 for 93 here in Austin and 93 is the standard premium grade. It’s a good thing because this car drinks gas like nothing. Haha.

On throttle its it’s really easy to bring the back end around, but I have to really slow down to get the front to point towards the apex with the factory alignment settings.
Just one of those lovely little things about Oklahoma...but in return we don't deal with all that amazing Austin traffic. Lol...seriously I visit that city a LOT and hate driving there...

To circumnavigate that expensive gas I just had the car flex tuned by Lund...I can use E85 now...saving money AND adding more power than even 93 gives...
Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by radiantm3
But in the end, it was the test drive that totally sold me. This car sounds incredible and the chassis is fantastic (for a car this size). It reminds me of my old E92 M3, only better sound and much better handling/chassis. The interior/exterior fit and finish is nowhere near anything BMW makes, but once you are driving, none of that matters.

I never thought in my lifetime I'd ever buy a Mustang. It's just crazy that Ford made this car. I was browsing some of the mustang forums and saw a thread on why so many gt350 owners are selling the car after a few months of ownership. Most of the guys who chimed in were saying they were previous GT500 owners and were disappointed with the lack of low end torque and how slow the car feels to them. It just doesn't have the muscle car feel they are used to. And then there are guys like me who never cared about muscle cars now interested in this car because it drives like a proper track/driver's car.
Nice car! I've been hearing a lot of the same thing about domestics and they've come a LOOONG way. I know a few guys that have/had s2000s that now own domestics. You get a whole lot of bang for your buck. The exhaust note from that engine is definitely hard to beat.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

^^ I am one of those guys. I DD a muscle car and love it!!
Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 AM

The crazy thing is I drove the GT350 for a few weeks straight and one day took the S2K out instead. The S2K felt so amazing and not underpowered at all. They are so different and fun to drive in totally different ways. It makes owning both of them such a joy. The problem I had with the GT4 is they felt similar in many ways so it wasn't quiet as fun to switch between them.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:16 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Congrats! Love the GT350’s! They really do sound awesome!