Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

C7 Corvette Stingray: The Review

Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car! I really want to go drive a c7 but then I might buy it! I'm waiting to see what the 8sp auto does in the 2015s. Wife really needs to learn how to drive a manual
Old 06-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Marioshi
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1403133445' post='23208928
Nice. If you think this car has a lot of orange peel, BMWs these days have the worst imo.
Bummer, I was thinking about a BMW for my "practical" car. I guess people have had their C7s wet sanded with good results. Most of the effect is in the clear coat.

I have noticed zero on mine. It is a 2014.

While the Vette is not really my style, the too fast for the street is sort of a concern if I considered the car. It is always lots of fun, but I can't find any room to use the power I have now in my SC'ed S, and with the Vette power and torque I would probably do something stupid really fast.

Except for the rear end pick, it does not real look THAT much bigger than an S though.

Glad you like it, enjoy.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome write up and brilliant looking car. OH MY GOD will probably also be the first thing out of my mouth when I see one in person (down-under!). There have been sightings of 2 C7s landed in Brisbane, one still awaiting RHD conversion and another already on the road!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

thought about gears?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:44 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Great review. But man, that car is hideous. Who is designing this crap? Cadillac!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
thought about gears?
As in a lower final drive ratio? When you have that much torque and can do 0-60 in 4 seconds, do you really need it?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Correct, the orange peel is in the clearcoat, honestly I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a mark of bad quality or anything unless it's really excessive to the point the paint starts looking dull but that's usually another issue, just means they didn't wet sand it more, and I don't like sanding my cars if I don't have to because you only get so much clear coat.
Yeah I read somewhere the BMW (and I'm sure they'e not the only ones) likes to lay it on somewhat thick and not really sand them down because alot of their cars are leases and this allows the dealers to sand them down when they return and make them look new again if not better.
From what I understand the C7 is short on clear coat as it is, so I will probably leave mine alone.

Originally Posted by Mr.Aqua
Nice car! I really want to go drive a c7 but then I might buy it! I'm waiting to see what the 8sp auto does in the 2015s. Wife really needs to learn how to drive a manual
Yeah she does! So happy that my wife is comfortable driving stick exclusively. Haven't owned an automatic yet!

Originally Posted by vader1
While the Vette is not really my style, the too fast for the street is sort of a concern if I considered the car. It is always lots of fun, but I can't find any room to use the power I have now in my SC'ed S, and with the Vette power and torque I would probably do something stupid really fast.

Except for the rear end pick, it does not real look THAT much bigger than an S though.

Glad you like it, enjoy.
Yeah, I have no doubt this will be the most powerful car I ever own, it's honestly about 100hp more than anyone could need or want on the street.
It is bigger, especially width-wise (5 inches I think) but not hugely so, at first it feels huge but it shrinks down around you pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by RedCelica
thought about gears?
No but the Z51 package has shorter gears though, I guess I ought to try one sometime to see how it feels. Might be fun to be able to use more of 3rd.

Originally Posted by jst2878
Great review. But man, that car is hideous. Who is designing this crap? Cadillac!
The guy who designed the Pontiac Aztek. No Joke He also designed the C6. I am glad you think it's hideous though, as that's a sign that they are doing something right. I would rather drive a car that evokes strong emotion (good and bad) than a car that is bland. I think the C7 looks the way the C6 should have.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any plans for mods? I know the car is fairly new but Im pretty sure there will be great aftermarker support
Old 06-20-2014, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are all the seats wrapped in leather regardless of trim level? Do you have some interior shots?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Great pic of actually using the back to carry stuff.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Stingray: The Review