Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Calling CosmosMpower

Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1344873259' post='21933125

Forget most of what you've read in magazines, youtube etc. If you believed all that you'd think the car was a huge feeling, boring car that gives no feedback and is no fun to drive. I thought the same until I actually drove one and it's the complete opposite. From the drivers seat it doesn't feel any larger than my 335 coupe. When I drove a C6 Z06 recently I couldn't tell how wide the front of the car was and I felt like if I moved the wheel a bit I'd be intruding in the next lane on the road. The GT-R despite being bigger dimensionally doesn't give you the feeling of a wide car.

The steering feel has a nice weight and feedback to it, you can feel what the tires are doing on the road even with 3,800 pounds. Amazing to say in this way it's sort of similar to the Lotus. The car will actually power oversteer on corner exit like a RWD car and you better be ready to countersteer. If you just turn in and mash the gas you'll be sideways/backwards, it's not easy like a video game. The acceleration is brutal especially in lower gears with all that available traction. The boost comes on early and you rarely need to rev past 4K to be flying by traffic. I can't imagine what the car would feel like with 150 more whp much less the AMS Omega Kit 1600 awhp.
See that's the thing with this car... it is insane on paper, and every review I've read about it says the acceleration and performance is mind-blowing. That said, it also seems like it would feel big. I've talked to a few GT-R owners and seen several up close, and it doesn't look gigantic, but it definitely looks too big to be nimble. I drove a friend's turbocharged Z06, and while it was stupid fast, it wasn't exactly the feel I'd want in my sports car. But you (and several others) have driven it and all of you enjoy the drive. I'm sure I would too, and I definitely wouldn't mind owning one, though I'd probably want it as a weekend warrior and not my daily driver.

Meh, this car is way too civilized (when you want it to be) to be a weekend toy car. That stuff is reserved for Elises, Atoms, Vipers and stripped out GT3's.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere anytime....

...Not sure how long I'll keep the Nissan.
I am confused. You seem to really like it but say you don't know how long you'll keep it?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

He changes cars more than he changes clothes.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1344821207' post='21931910

I am confused. You seem to really like it but say you don't know how long you'll keep it?
He'll probably sell it to his wife for a tidy profit next year.

(Seriously though, consumables and out-of-warranty repairs are a concern.)
Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
He changes cars more than he changes clothes.
Bingo, life's too short to hold on to one car for too long, you have to try all the different cool stuff out there. I've had I4, I4 turbo, V6, V6 turbo, I6, Rotary, RWD, AWD, FWD, just missing V8 and V10

And Mark, I don't sell cars high, I just buy them low
Old 08-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1344821207' post='21931910

when/if you have the means, you want to switch it up once in awhile. Nothing in my stable is going to be there "forever". There are too many amazing cars out there id want to own. All different and enjoyable in their own way
Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Originally Posted by vbb' timestamp='1344880838' post='21933529
[quote name='CosmosMpower' timestamp='1344873259' post='21933125']

Forget most of what you've read in magazines, youtube etc. If you believed all that you'd think the car was a huge feeling, boring car that gives no feedback and is no fun to drive. I thought the same until I actually drove one and it's the complete opposite. From the drivers seat it doesn't feel any larger than my 335 coupe. When I drove a C6 Z06 recently I couldn't tell how wide the front of the car was and I felt like if I moved the wheel a bit I'd be intruding in the next lane on the road. The GT-R despite being bigger dimensionally doesn't give you the feeling of a wide car.

The steering feel has a nice weight and feedback to it, you can feel what the tires are doing on the road even with 3,800 pounds. Amazing to say in this way it's sort of similar to the Lotus. The car will actually power oversteer on corner exit like a RWD car and you better be ready to countersteer. If you just turn in and mash the gas you'll be sideways/backwards, it's not easy like a video game. The acceleration is brutal especially in lower gears with all that available traction. The boost comes on early and you rarely need to rev past 4K to be flying by traffic. I can't imagine what the car would feel like with 150 more whp much less the AMS Omega Kit 1600 awhp.
See that's the thing with this car... it is insane on paper, and every review I've read about it says the acceleration and performance is mind-blowing. That said, it also seems like it would feel big. I've talked to a few GT-R owners and seen several up close, and it doesn't look gigantic, but it definitely looks too big to be nimble. I drove a friend's turbocharged Z06, and while it was stupid fast, it wasn't exactly the feel I'd want in my sports car. But you (and several others) have driven it and all of you enjoy the drive. I'm sure I would too, and I definitely wouldn't mind owning one, though I'd probably want it as a weekend warrior and not my daily driver.

Meh, this car is way too civilized (when you want it to be) to be a weekend toy car. That stuff is reserved for Elises, Atoms, Vipers and stripped out GT3's.
[/quote]

i think the GT-R or an R8 will be my 1M replacement/ new DD eventually
Old 08-14-2012, 04:11 AM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' timestamp='1344884598' post='21933722
[quote name='vbb' timestamp='1344880838' post='21933529']
[quote name='CosmosMpower' timestamp='1344873259' post='21933125']

[/quote]

i think the GT-R or an R8 will be my 1M replacement/ new DD eventually
[/quote]
Didn't you say you didn't like the GT-R?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

I have been in a couple of GTR's and they nothing short of impressive. All the telemetry the car displays is wicked and the performance is hard to beat at any price point. The styling is conservative which is a good or bad thing. Resale values are real good to show hou sought after the GTR is. Best sports car since NSX and S2000 from Japan.

Quick Reply: Calling CosmosMpower