Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Considering a Truck for new Daily...

Old 12-19-2016, 11:54 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Ridge line looks so famine
Old 12-19-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

I'd check out the full-size truck deals out there. If you just have to have a mid-size, get the diesel Colorado/Canyon just because it's cool or, if not, get the Ridgeline. It's probably the best overall for light duty truck stuff.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Ridge line looks so famine
It's looks trimmer than the old bulgy Ridgeline, but I don't think it's famine grade yet. It's still a little chunky.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Our current plan is to trade one S2000 and one '04 Tacoma S-Runner for a new (or newish) Tacoma 4x4. A 'regular' automatic is an absolute no-go for us, but fortunately the Taco can still be had with a 6spd manual. I'm interested in hearing what you end up purchasing...

(The RWD S-Runner is perfect for our truck needs, however its RWD, open-diff, no-traction-control, no-stability-control, no-weight-in-the-back nature is incompatible with the snowy/icy roads we get in Colorado from time to time. Its something I think even dedicated snow tires wouldn't fix. It's a hoot to drive in the summer though.)
Old 12-20-2016, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I the only one that preferred the 1st gen Ridgeline?

Are you ready for the drop in MPG's? Many analyst are predicting increasing fuel prices (makes sense given OPEC's recent moves). I live in a oil producing region, and producers have slowly been ramping up hiring.....keep that in mind.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrum1

Are you ready for the drop in MPG's? Many analyst are predicting increasing fuel prices (makes sense given OPEC's recent moves). I live in a oil producing region, and producers have slowly been ramping up hiring.....keep that in mind.

not a fan of the 1st gen. And I'm mostly highway driving so if I can manage 23ish mpg it's only a 6-7 mpg drop from my fit since I'm on 17" wheels and 205 tires on the Fit. Although I wish pickups could get 30mpg on highway.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:59 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdrum1

oil futures out till 2018 show inverse of spot prices. As OPEC slows there is demand, which is dropping and shale oil which will rise to offset major swings in oil prices. Plus there are huge stock piles state side now.

unless the market goes wild I think oil remains low and volite. I cannot see these countries agreeing to lower outputs for long.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok so i drove the Ridgeline and the Canyon today. My initial impression is the Ridgeline drives like a CRV/Pilot... which is a good thing. Loved it. The Canyon although more "Truck" feeling was still quite nice. As silly as this seems, the magic seat and the in bed trunk on the Ridgeline really seems to be a great option. I am leaning towards the Ridgeline, but its hard to find exactly the right color and model for my liking. We crunched numbers on both and without any APR% or cash back incentives, the Honda was quite pricey. RTL AWD about $37k OTD and whatever great credit can get you 2.9-3.9% APR on 60/72 months. GMC was the SLE model not the SLT which is what i wanted and just slightly less than the Honda.

I might have to consider the Chevy Colorado as the Chevy incentives are so much better...
Old 12-21-2016, 01:36 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Whatever you save up front on the domestic, you'll lose on the resale side. Buy what you like because the true cost difference will be a wash in the end.

You're in Miami so you only really need it if you're backing down boat ramps or something (you said you don't do that). Otherwise, go FWD (for the RL) or RWD (for the others) and save yourself some money on purchase price AND fuel economy. At least drive one before you turn it down. It should put the power down fairly easily, same as a FWD Pilot does.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Love my Ridgeline 2.0. But yes Honda isn't cranking them out very fast so the local dealer here has a wait list right now which means deals are hard to find.

Quick Reply: Considering a Truck for new Daily...