Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Crosstour = Fail

Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Crosstour = Fail

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_cont...r-the-new-year/

When the car looks like crap and at the same time.......Yahoo Auto disses the hell out of it, well, you know Honda is making poor decisions and just doesn't have a clue right now. If Soichiro was alive he'd be having none of this shit.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should have just brought the euro accord tourer wagon and saved themselves the r&d money. Granted it's coming as the tsx wagon, it's going to be loaded up with options and more expensive than it really needs to be.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Honda / Acura has been shopping for employees to staff the design studios at the School For The Blind the last few years. It's pretty sad when GM is turning out better looking designs. About the only nicely packaged platform Honda has is the Civic. Every single Acura has been defaced at this point. Pilot? Blocky. Accord? Bloated. CRV? Not too bad. Fit? Meh. Odyssey? Meh. Insight? Prius ripoff.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM

These lame things are the new SUV's. Just about as ugly as an SUV too.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM

BMW makes a similar car in 5 series size, it wasn't really built with the U.S.A in mind, it was built with Asia in mind where the roads aren't all that big.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:08 PM

Honestly, the crosstour is not my cup of tea but I could see where a soccer mom (or dad) has grown out of an accord but wants something just like it. Honda is one of the first in this market and you've gotta give it to them for that, it's definitely not as good looking as the BMW 5 GT and the 5 GT isn't very good looking. This car may not work for honda but if they hadn't done it there would alway be that "what if."
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by fishfryer,Feb 10 2010, 04:19 PM
BMW makes a similar car in 5 series size, it wasn't really built with the U.S.A in mind, it was built with Asia in mind where the roads aren't all that big.
I'm sorry, the it was built for Asia doesn't fly. The Fit was built for Asia. It sells like crazy there while it hasn't sold all that well here. The Asian and North American Accord aren't even the same car, and the CrossTour is definitely designed for North America. I don't think they even sell the CrossTour outside of North America, whereas they do sell the NA Accord alongside the smaller Asia/Euro Accord.

The hilarious thing about the CrossTour is it offers less, yes you read that right LESS, total cargo volume than the Fit. And that doesn't tell the whole story because the Fit offers not only more cargo space but does so in a more usable way. The CrossTour certainly is more upscale, but the point of a wagon is practicality, not luxury.

They should have sold the CrossTour as an Acura. All Acura's are ugly so it would fit right in. Just stick two noses on it (one for its face, one for its ass) and the CrossTour would fit perfectly with the Acura lineup as a entry level full sized cross-over model. The price tag is already high enough, but I suppose you could tack on a few thousand more without it overlapping with the MDX.

I swear, it's a damn race between Honda and BMW to saturate the market with useless cars. Right now I'd say BMW is winning.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Ordinarilly I'd be pretty quick to dismiss Yahoo as a source of automotive opinion but in this case that's the exact audience Honda is targeting so this does not bode well for them our the Crosstour.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. WOT,Feb 10 2010, 07:28 PM
Ordinarilly I'd be pretty quick to dismiss Yahoo as a source of automotive opinion
Kind of my point. If Yahoo is ragging on it, well damn man
Old 02-11-2010, 01:58 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by omg516,Feb 10 2010, 06:26 PM
They should have just brought the euro accord tourer wagon and saved themselves the r&d money. Granted it's coming as the tsx wagon, it's going to be loaded up with options and more expensive than it really needs to be.
Well said , I couldn't agree more

Originally Posted by Malloric,Feb 10 2010, 08:26 PM

They should have sold the CrossTour as an Acura....
They did it's called the ZDX

It's funny they sold 1700+ Crosstours so far and 170+ Acura ZDXs

They must have been sold/leased to Honda corparate people

Quick Reply: Crosstour = Fail