Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Crosstour = Fail

Old 02-11-2010, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer,Feb 10 2010, 03:49 PM
Honda / Acura has been shopping for employees to staff the design studios at the School For The Blind the last few years. It's pretty sad when GM is turning out better looking designs. About the only nicely packaged platform Honda has is the Civic. Every single Acura has been defaced at this point. Pilot? Blocky. Accord? Bloated. CRV? Not too bad. Fit? Meh. Odyssey? Meh. Insight? Prius ripoff.
that's pretty harsh right there... i think u don't really understand how the process works and u jump right in with a critical conclusion.

u gotta understand the designers don't make the final decisions. it's the top management who makes the call and they might not have a design degree or sometimes a good design sense... they approve the design if there's a business case for it.

u say GM cars look better these days. well, have u seen what they have to offer in the past couple decades?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crosstour = FAIL.
Acura ZDX = FAIL.

As someone shared on s2ki.com on another thread...
Honda built a car no one asked for...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPL8H4jc__4 [/media]
Old 02-11-2010, 06:11 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

My wife loves it. A lot of women seem to like the Crosstour. Heck, in darker colors, I even like it.

We'll see how the market responds over the next year or so.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeye,Feb 11 2010, 06:58 AM
It's funny they sold ... so far 170+ Acura ZDXs

They must have been sold/leased to Honda corparate people
What really pisses me off is that Honda sunk the R&D into the ZDX rather than an S2000 successor.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:47 AM

I think the concept of an Accord wagon is great, but the Crosstour is an Accord hatchback with SUV wheels and tires. I suppose carmakers may have a point about the avoid station wagons at all costs mentality that most Americans still have, but why did Honda needlessly raise the ride height and add less effective tires? Remember that company that originally put 16 inch wheels on an S2000 to save unsprung mass? I haven't seen them lately.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 AM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy Roadster,Feb 11 2010, 07:47 AM
I suppose carmakers may have a point about the avoid station wagons at all costs mentality that most Americans still have,
Stupidity. If I had a family and needed a vehicle, first on the list would be a wagon. Wait a minute, I already own a wagon

Americans are so damn stupid with this SUV shit. It's so tiresome. I see people every day in them that shouldn't be driving them.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by alexchou,Feb 11 2010, 05:49 AM
that's pretty harsh right there... i think u don't really understand how the process works and u jump right in with a critical conclusion.

u gotta understand the designers don't make the final decisions. it's the top management who makes the call and they might not have a design degree or sometimes a good design sense... they approve the design if there's a business case for it.

u say GM cars look better these days. well, have u seen what they have to offer in the past couple decades?
And GM lost a lot of market share with butt ugly designs on their way to bankruptcy court. But this isn't yesterday, it's today. And today, Honda has been infected with a bad strain of bland disease while GM is turning out some attractive stuff for a change. Who woulda guessed?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stopped by a local Honda dealer yesterday. I've known the folks there for years...and I asked them about the Crosstour, how it's selling, etc. He said they've sold 2 so far (since the launch) and that it has brought a lot of folks to look at it...but the price is much more than they are expecting. Considering an EX with leather (2WD) was in the showroom and sat at $33,800...I can see what he's talking about. He said folks would rather go with an Accord Sedan or the Pilot...but he says many have passed on it all together. They currently have 7 on the lot.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car is atrocious. Ive seen two on the road and was shocked at the level of ugly it displays. On top of the ugly it's pricey. Ugly + pricey =failsauce.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by airgate,Feb 12 2010, 09:12 AM
Stopped by a local Honda dealer yesterday. I've known the folks there for years...and I asked them about the Crosstour, how it's selling, etc. He said they've sold 2 so far (since the launch) and that it has brought a lot of folks to look at it...but the price is much more than they are expecting. Considering an EX with leather (2WD) was in the showroom and sat at $33,800...I can see what he's talking about. He said folks would rather go with an Accord Sedan or the Pilot...but he says many have passed on it all together. They currently have 7 on the lot.
Reminds me of the EP3 Si... an underrated but overpriced car. When they refused to leave dealer lots the price eventually found its market. My guess is these will be had for ~$25k before too long, and at that price it might not be so ugly afterall.

Quick Reply: Crosstour = Fail