Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Dealer Steals Sold Truck From Owner.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Steals Sold Truck From Owner.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/invest...sp?q=BILL+HEARD

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/invest...es/BHreport.pdf

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/invest...BHstatement.pdf

The dealer sells the truck to a man for less than they were willing too so they steal it back and sell it to him for 11 grand more...
Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 AM

my lawyers would have a field day if that happened to me.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 AM

uhhh... wow. That's amazing to say the least. I don't ANY way how that would be legal after they signed the papers.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha. crazy
Old 07-28-2006, 08:28 AM

actually.. if he has the keys.. why can't he just go back and get it?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:29 AM

crooked dealers!

like they would show up to his house the next day and give him a $3,000 check for overpaying sticker under normal circumstances

i hope he sues them and gets his truck back and than some!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:55 AM

I would love to see a dealership try and steal a car back from me. I once got such a good deal on two cars I bought on the same day that the dealership called me back and told me that I owed them an additional $2k because of some oversight. I just laughed and asked them which court they would like to take their case to and show our signed contract to? They threatened to repo the car and I let them know that not only would it be risking anyone's future oxygen intake to come on my property and try an take something that belonged to me, I would have my corporate attorney's up their @rses so deep I would end up owning the freaking dealership. They never called back....

As someone else here noted, how many times do dealerships rape un-suspecting, uneducated people for thousands of dollars? I have no problem legally taking them for every penny I can.

BTW...the salesman that sold me the cars got fired over the deal. THIS I actually feel bad about. He was a good guy and it wasn't his fault that the finance manager didn't thoroughly read the paperwork before we signed it.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Humanatek,Jul 28 2006, 08:55 AM
I would love to see a dealership try and steal a car back from me. I once got such a good deal on two cars I bought on the same day that the dealership called me back and told me that I owed them an additional $2k because of some oversight. I just laughed and asked them which court they would like to take their case to and show our signed contract to? They threatened to repo the car and I let them know that not only would it be risking anyone's future oxygen intake to come on my property and try an take something that belonged to me, I would have my corporate attorney's up their @rses so deep I would end up owning the freaking dealership. They never called back....

As someone else here noted, how many times do dealerships rape un-suspecting, uneducated people for thousands of dollars? I have no problem legally taking them for every penny I can.

BTW...the salesman that sold me the cars got fired over the deal. THIS I actually feel bad about. He was a good guy and it wasn't his fault that the finance manager didn't thoroughly read the paperwork before we signed it.
I feel the same. All the dealerhsips I've dealt with would have no problems preying on a customer's lack of knowledge on car buying. I won't feel one ounce of guilt if I got away with something completely legal.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:14 AM

Those f***ing sh!theads have dealerships here! Oh man, I'd have them in court so fast. It's their mistake, they need to deal with it. You don't get a Mulligan on that sh!t; you hired a rookie, you pay for the rookie.

Can the guy claim the truck stolen on his insurance? He probably didn't get it switched fast enough.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,Jul 28 2006, 09:14 AM
Can the guy claim the truck stolen on his insurance? He probably didn't get it switched fast enough.
most insurance companies allow you a 30 grace period to switch.

Quick Reply: Dealer Steals Sold Truck From Owner.