Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Dealer Steals Sold Truck From Owner.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to own an LS1 Camaro SS and frequented LS1.com and LS1tech.com a lot. Bill Heard was notorious on the boards as crooks and just plain bad as dealers. Looks like they are just adding to their ill reputation.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:58 AM

what a bunch of crooked assholes. its their fault/mistake and considering their reputation i think they are trying to screw everyone over
Old 07-31-2006, 11:49 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

I don't think complaining to them will make a difference. If anything, complaining to Chevrolet will make a bigger impact - GM doesn't need more customer relation nightmares
Old 07-31-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

I love the phrase "attempted to purchase" from the statement by Bill Heard Chevrolet.

Either the buyer bought the truck (which would imply that the dealer approved the deal), or he didn't.

I "attempted to purchase" a 3bed/2bath penthouse condo on 16th floor but the seller refused the deal.

Bill Heard needs to suck it up and give the truck back to the buyer. I'm in retail-I've made mistakes in the past where you "sell" a product for $100.00 but you "sell" the item for $10.00 because I made the error. I've never gone to the customer and said "you owe me $90.00 more because I made an error.

Reading back over BH's statement concerning the "Blue Book" value of the truck- I wonder if a case can be made that IF someone was to trade in a vehicle, and BH quotes them a "blue book" value of X, and that value is later to be determined LESS than the actual price listed in the Blue Book, can a person "negate" the said deal?

I doubt Bill Heard would allow that.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM

With the financial weapons a car dealership wields DAILY to check your financial history on the spot, I HIGHLY doubt it's a bad check situation. That stuff would show up and throw up red flags with them from minute one. The first thing a dealer does is get your license (if you want a TD) and they are looking that stuff up the second your DL leaves your hand.

Bad check my ass. That's an easy excuse they can spread to sound innocent. And even if it was that, it's their bad AGAIN because they somehow missed someone that writes bad checks.

I won't say it' not POSSIBLE the guy wrote a bad check, but as Stack says, this company has screwed so many people, it's hard to assume the seller is innocent. If the seller is found innocent, then so be it, but one instance of this excuse over chat or the phone is hard to take seriously. A court scan of the guy's financial records would prove this. Just hearing it from a dealer in a very he-said-she-said manner doesn't change my current stance on the subject.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 PM

The article claims he paid cash, therefore, he should have had the title in hand. If he had the title, he could have registered it and filed and insurance claim.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evidentlyyou don't always get the title if you pay cash. I just made a cash purchase, got a 60 day temp .plate and was told the title woud be mailed to me.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umop-apisdn,Jul 29 2006, 02:29 PM
Yeaaah, they left that one out of their statement to the press. How convenient.
How sure is that? I'm sure they do credit checks first, and if that WAS true, then what's the whole deal with them demanding $10,000 more? The car company wouldn't even need to call him for that matter if the check was bad in the first place.

Still, they had no right to invade the guy's property and take the law into their own hands (although it seems that they are guilty of everything and the guy was the victim).
Old 08-01-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why this is a civil case. Just because they are the dealer doesn't mean they did not violate criminal laws whey they stole the truck in the middle of the night.

I don't care if they sold the truck a day before or they have nothing to do with the truck sale at all.

If you and I stole a truck in the middle of the night, I assure you, it won't be a civil case.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 AM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Has anyone seen any updates on this matter? I'm curious as to the resolution (if any)??

Quick Reply: Dealer Steals Sold Truck From Owner.