Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Decided to branch out and try something different - new daily driver

Old 10-31-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Great choice! Very rare, too.
I just caught up on this car last week. A client just bought one and was showing us pictures on a WebEx. Does sound like a good choice for the money. Someone at my local Aston dealer (an employee) has a slightly older one converted into Holden badging. Not sure which model it is.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:50 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

We didn't get them up here in Canada, unfortunately. Would be a great sleeper...
Old 10-31-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I produce 300tq at 2k rpm without much throttle. I get 40% of the tread life when driving like a grandma and 25% when spirited.

I tell you that it’s worth it. I ask myself the same thing “why did I wait so long?”
Old 10-31-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ishtori5
Congrats on the nice pick up. This is a cool car to have...one the last RWD V8 out there. I wish the styling was more like the Pontiac G8 though (less chrome).
I agree with you on the chrome... my plan in the spring is to put Holden badges front and rear, also getting the blackout kit that replaces the chrome on the upper/lower grills, fogs, and side vents. This picture basically shows the before (left, how my car currently looks) and after (right) of what I plan to have mine look like.

And here's a bad interior photo since you asked for one earlier, best I've got at the moment lol.

Originally Posted by MemphiS2k
What 2-post is that? And what's the ceiling height?
It's an Autolifters AB-1344 model lift. I just purchased the home 2 months ago, believe the lift is around 17 years old. I need to measure the ceiling height, I keep getting that question... I do not know what it is unfortunately.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I just caught up on this car last week. A client just bought one and was showing us pictures on a WebEx. Does sound like a good choice for the money. Someone at my local Aston dealer (an employee) has a slightly older one converted into Holden badging. Not sure which model it is.
I got this one for about $10k off the price of a new one, with 2k mi. Basically GM took the depreciation hit for me and sold it.

Originally Posted by JonBoy
We didn't get them up here in Canada, unfortunately. Would be a great sleeper...
I might as well be driving a rental car, honestly. It's so incognito it's not even funny, no one gives it the time of day, which is a nice/fun change from the S2K. You can get moving in a hurry and then everyone is wondering how a Malibu/Impala just did that.

Originally Posted by rob-2
I produce 300tq at 2k rpm without much throttle. I get 40% of the tread life when driving like a grandma and 25% when spirited.

I tell you that it’s worth it. I ask myself the same thing “why did I wait so long?”
I have to say I've been spoiled by Honda MPGs for years now, I'm not used to the gas needle on this SS at all... more stops to the pump for sure. But, if that's the trade off, so be it, it's too much fun!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
It's an Autolifters AB-1344 model lift. I just purchased the home 2 months ago, believe the lift is around 17 years old. I need to measure the ceiling height, I keep getting that question... I do not know what it is unfortunately.
Does it seem like regular garage height? Or much taller? Hard to tell in the pic. Just weird to see a two post without a top crossmember besides the little Dannmar MaxJax.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by MemphiS2k
Does it seem like regular garage height? Or much taller? Hard to tell in the pic. Just weird to see a two post without a top crossmember besides the little Dannmar MaxJax.
Definitely taller than regular height, but not in a big way... that probably doesn't help, if I get a wild hair to measure this week, I will.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

beautifl color/ car choice

Now the new price goes anywhere from 41k to 53k, so are we talking you got 10k off the 41k? if that is the case... that is a whole lot of car for 31k even if you add tax/fees.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by EastS2k
beautifl color/ car choice

Now the new price goes anywhere from 41k to 53k, so are we talking you got 10k off the 41k? if that is the case... that is a whole lot of car for 31k even if you add tax/fees.
They're going for MSRP still around where I live, which is $48-50k. Got it at $39k.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Nice ride man, v8 power is corrupting.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

Looks great. Congratulations sir. Please post a pic of the black out/Holden conversion when you are done. I've got one at work but his is black, as is a guy in my neighborhood. Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Decided to branch out and try something different - new daily driver