Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

del Sol VS S2K?

Old 11-20-2002, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thnx guys for your help

You make it sound like it's such a superior car...now I really want at least a ride in one.......and I can't wait til I can afford one

y2ks2k....apparently a lot of changes were made after you left, b4 I even found Club Sol/Team Sol. at least my take on it, I haven't visited CS in a while, but they don't have members anymore, anyone who wants to join is recommended to join Team Sol (www.teamdelsol.com). And last, Team Sol had over 900 members, but then their host went bad and they lost part of the database, so it appears around 800 members.

Christople....you don't live in Texas do you? LOL I wouldn't dream of leather--it'd burn my butt in the summer! Literally! ...but I heard in the last year, Germany took the leftover Sols and made a "Special Edition" with leather interior. They're extremely rare though, especially in the states.

...The only problem I see here (aside from price) is RWD...every once in a couple of years we do get ice, and when we get ice it's black ice...and in Texas we don't have the right equipment to drive in ice b/c it doesn't happen often enough, nor a lot of experience in it. That's going to be a lot of fun to drive on.......Any pointers on what I can do for this problem? I'm thinking I'm going to have two cars...and won't be getting an S2K for a long while until I can afford two cars
Old 11-20-2002, 10:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MLE_Sol
[B]
...The only problem I see here (aside from price) is RWD...every once in a couple of years we do get ice, and when we get ice it's black ice...and in Texas we don't have the right equipment to drive in ice b/c it doesn't happen often enough, nor a lot of experience in it.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:58 AM

LOL don't worry, I'm not in the market for an SUV, at all, likely not to be anytime in the near OR distant future.

No, don't get me wrong, it isn't the only reason. The main reason (currently) is that I can't afford one. But, I have relatively little experience on the roads in general, especially on the highway and on ice, I've only driven in ice once.

But just from what I hear, RWD cars slip and slide a LOT easier on the road....hence why it's so much easier to do donuts And I've noticed I have a lead foot. So it might be better for me to get at least used to ice in a FWD or 4WD car b4 the S, but since ice is so rare that may not happen for a while.
...In which case it wouldn't matter and I can have my S. ....Bloody unprediactable Texas weather, why do you have to be so bloody unpredictable! LOL! Alright now I'm ready to move
Old 11-20-2002, 12:02 PM

I owned a 94' Del Sol with the Vtec DOHC. The car whas a high revving little machine. My favorite features were the seats and the "hide-away" stereo, similar to the S2000.

As far as handling, it was not too bad. I loved the idea of putting the roof away on the trunk and still have plenty of room. Yes, it was slow but a fun little car nevertheless.

I would not even dare compare it to the S2000....they are not anywhere near the same level.

Angel
Old 11-20-2002, 12:13 PM

I still think it is a good car. The styling and I don't mix. I'm 5'7 and 145lbs. I like to stay away from big cars as well as tiny cars because it just doesn't look right to me... I think comparing Del Sol to S2k is like Apples to Oranges, just made in the same orchard. Both are Honda's. Hands down s2k for the price of a del sol here you might as well get another sports car, coupe whatever you wanna call it. In Indiana used car prices are sky high. I want a 325i 93-95 or a GSR integra 1994 on up, but i only have 6-7k to spend and I can't find one....
Old 08-02-2010, 08:09 AM

Wow! No posts since '02? I just drove by a "cream puff" Del Sol in Bellaire, Texas (think Houston) and was impressed enough to do a little poking around. Thanks to the forum for this old thread - some entertaining reading. And Kudos to the Del Sol owner if you read this. Your little green car looked really clean and well cared for.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:28 PM

I've seen some thread bumps before.. but man.. 8 years!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL, wow. Nice thread necromancy. I still kind of miss my old '93 del Sol...
Old 02-21-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostface80
I've seen some thread bumps before.. but man.. 8 years!!
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:42 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

The roof and most of the S2000 is very simple and to the point.

Quick Reply: del Sol VS S2K?