Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Double Wishbone Suspension

Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockville
Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1321654613' post='21168901
Gee, I wonder who did that.
I'm not sure as I thought only paid members could vote.
...and the plot thickens...

dum dum DUUUUUUUUUM!!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Hahahaha.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by cbehney
It would be better if instead of quoting him as saying "3 things- 1 PGM FI , VTEC, Double wishbone suspension!" you quoted him as saying "3 things- 1 PGM FI , VTEC, and third...er, um...nope, can't remember the third...oops."

Bwuhahahahahahahahahahahaha. He's the Rick Perry of S2ki.com. Hahahahaha.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:42 PM

the golf cart that some guys I know at my university has double wishbones. Can they claim its F1 derived?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Triple wishbone is the future my friends
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 PM

another pointless S2ki car talk thread
Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
And to answer your original question, there are literally HUNDREDS of non-Hondas that have used double wishbone suspension. Again, the fact that you don't seem to even understand that is staggering.
Yes I do understand but what I tried to say and somehow it has got all out of whack thanks to you guys is that my point was that Honda stated that they used their F1 program as inspiration to develop the double wishbone design for their road cars in this case the NSX ! Period end of story and if you look in the NSX brochure it states this as well! You guys act as if Honda NEVER said that and they did .
To me Honda implies that the suspension design trickled down from their race car . How much is another story that thanks to you guys we will have to get the F1 engineers to come to this thread to explain every detail just to make u happy.
But my point is that there are two articles that said that F1 technology trickled down to their road cars . The NSX brochure states this as one . I have not found the original article yet .
Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 AM

I bought two rotisserie chickens, double wishbone baby!!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1321647585' post='21168540
And to answer your original question, there are literally HUNDREDS of non-Hondas that have used double wishbone suspension. Again, the fact that you don't seem to even understand that is staggering.
Yes I do understand but what I tried to say and somehow it has got all out of whack thanks to you guys is that my point was that Honda stated that they used their F1 program as inspiration to develop the double wishbone design for their road cars in this case the NSX ! Period end of story and if you look in the NSX brochure it states this as well! You guys act as if Honda NEVER said that and they did .
To me Honda implies that the suspension design trickled down from their race car . How much is another story that thanks to you guys we will have to get the F1 engineers to come to this thread to explain every detail just to make u happy.
But my point is that there are two articles that said that F1 technology trickled down to their road cars . The NSX brochure states this as one . I have not found the original article yet .
The only thing that trickled down from their F1 program was the name. That's about it.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.' timestamp='1321647585' post='21168540

Above is a picture of the double A-arm suspension used on the 1986 Accord. It's quite possible that Honda, who used A-arms successfully on FWD cars while most makes were using struts, decided to stick with what they knew and were implementing effectively. Also, as I said in my earlier post, Honda wasn't a chassis manufacture in F1. Honda actually never made their own F1 car. In the 80s all their cars were things like Williams-Honda where Honda was the engine supplier. Starting in 1967 with the Lola-Honda RA300 Honda didn't design the chassis. F1 inspired sounds nice and helps sell Swiss watches but really it has very little to do with a modern road car. Certainly Honda had enough in house talent that they didn't need to ask engineers in England, which is what your read of the book would suggest, how to design suspension for the NSX. In a sense, by saying F1 inspired, you are taking credit due to the Honda engineers and giving it to English engineers who were not involved with the car.

Quick Reply: Double Wishbone Suspension