Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

drove 2005 NSX

Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dyhppy
handling was good, but felt lacking compared the the s2k. much slower ratio made it feel less responsive. that's my big gripe. i wonder how people are ok with it. makes the car much more GT than s2k go kart feel. and maybe that's what it's supposed to be.

conclusion. amazing car. i want one. but it also doesnt make sense when you consider the s2k. you get so much more excitement and fun for such a low cost with the s2k. i would constantly worry about aluminum body panels etc. but man, it is one of the greatest cars of all time for certain. in 1991, it must of fallen through a wormhole from the future or at least from a Utopian reality where excellence reigns.

anyone know why honda didn't give it a better steering ratio?
The s2k is definitely more fun to toss around corners & such. But in my experience when I owned one, when taking the NSX in high speed turns, the car was VERY stable & planted. If I was in the s2000, I would be waiting for the backend to come around any second so I could catch it. S2k was more fun to me though
Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

the 2002 and newer *fixed headlights* versions definately look nicer than the previous version(s).... I lost to a 2005 mustang GT in a street race... obviously not the NSX's strong point but that sucked... ahahha

kinda cool.... renegade hybrids was working on slapping a v8 into the back of an older NSX... update the highlights and rock on with some American V8 power.. :YUM:
Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM

I feel that while the S2k is more responsive than the NSX you are neglecting the fact the NSX is not the nimble lightweight sports car the S is . The S has a hyper responsiveness to it that is uncanny and I find the Mini Cooper S also has a hyper responsive feel to it .
With that being said the NSX is amazing in its response also. My review-
1. Looking at the car it looks low and wide but driving it it feels as nimble as a Civic in city driving . If S is a 10 the NSX is 8.8 in nimbleness!
2. Getting in you notice the NSX is very low to the ground and you notice how narrow looking the side windows are and looking out the windshield you feel that you are sitting in a Ferrari. Outward visibility is excellent .
3. Feels as comfortable as an Accord on the hwy. That is not an Accord motor behind you though!
4. Having driven other Hondas you feel right at home in the NSX but you very quickly realize this is so much more. Comfort , balance , Ferrari like style, only in acceleration does it show its age.
Having driven faster cars than an NSX like an IS-F,Shelby Mustang,Corvette,and some Subaru turbos and those faster cars all have their merits but none of them have the same "Feel" as the NSX. It took till 2005 and the 997 911 to surpass the NSX in the under 100 grand category.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove an NSX a few years ago as well, 03 yellow. I'll add some impressions:

Very low to the ground, even stock.
Love hearing the engine behind your head.
The pedals are shifted to the right due the car being mid engine you sit so far up, the left front wheel is direction to the left of the pedals. It's a bit weird.
Surprised how fast it revved. Maybe I'm use to 9k in my car, but I kept hitting the rev limiter the first few times.
Not as nimble as the S.
Front visibility is great.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some accord engines are approaching the nsx hp output, lol
Old 10-30-2012, 01:42 PM

if honda offered NSX NA2 as a coupe after 97+, the performance would be much better. NA2 targa is just too heavy. we are looking at 3152 lbs compared to 2800 lbs JDM NA2 Type R.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

That blue NSX is the cat's meow.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the flip-up front looks better than the projector style of the NA2. My friend with a '94 agrees, but maybe he's biased.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Syn
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the flip-up front looks better than the projector style of the NA2. My friend with a '94 agrees, but maybe he's biased.
I agree, I think the pre-2002 headlights look more aggressive. '02+ look like bug eyes.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

almost broke my neck the other day massively staring at a black NA2 exiting the freeway. it's a timeless design and it catches my attention way more than the exotics like Ferrari and Lambos (well maybe minus the 458 ) here in Los Angeles.

Quick Reply: drove 2005 NSX