Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Eco-Tuning:Tommy Kaira Spruces Up '10 Toyota Prius

Old 12-31-2009, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,Dec 31 2009, 02:29 PM

Between that and the Bulletproof Automotive thread, this is turning into the spam forum.
Honestly I don't see how my parts thread can be seen as spam.

We're pretty much the longest standing sponsor of s2ki, and have put A LOT of effort into helping the community. So I don't see how a paying sponsor can be seen as spamming.

The thread highlights some of the amazing parts that come through our hands, and I use that thread to show car enthusiasts these parts, because I assume car people like cool car parts. Or maybe I'm wrong?

-Colin
Old 12-31-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris S,Dec 30 2009, 04:33 PM]What about the benefit of making its owners feel smug?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BulletProofAuto2,Dec 31 2009, 05:59 PM

We're pretty much the longest standing sponsor of s2ki, and have put A LOT of effort into helping the community. So I don't see how a paying sponsor can be seen as spamming.

The thread highlights some of the amazing parts that come through our hands, and I use that thread to show car enthusiasts these parts, because I assume car people like cool car parts. Or maybe I'm wrong?

-Colin
B/c this forum is CAR talk, not PARTS talk. I don't even think you've talked much about what those parts do to enhance the driving experience on the cars they go on (prob. nothing in many if not most cases). You have Bulletproof Automotive in the thread title and on every pic that doesn't already have a watermark - how is that not spam?

I agree that they're beautiful pieces, but maybe more appropriate for S2ki's gallery section IMO? That said, I don't run S2ki, sponsors get plenty of latitude around here, ánd it doesn't really bother me that much, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,Dec 31 2009, 08:25 PM
B/c this forum is CAR talk, not PARTS talk. I don't even think you've talked much about what those parts do to enhance the driving experience on the cars they go on (prob. nothing in many if not most cases). You have Bulletproof Automotive in the thread title and on every pic that doesn't already have a watermark - how is that not spam?

I agree that they're beautiful pieces, but maybe more appropriate for S2ki's gallery section IMO? That said, I don't run S2ki, sponsors get plenty of latitude around here, ánd it doesn't really bother me that much, so I'll leave it at that.

Plus, imagine if every parts company decided to start a thread...

Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Dec 31 2009, 02:26 PM
DUDE, ENOUGH WITH THE TORQUE MAGAZINE LINKS.
brother, first off, happy new year , secondly, its not spam. its current automotive news that aims/or will become a talking point amongst members on this forum, encouraging interaction, etc. the link for torque magazine is there purely for copyright reasons, you dont have to click it you know.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, relax a little. It's a car forum, car stuff is everywhere - whether you're interested or not. If this stuff was going to my PM box, then yeah - that'd be annoying. If you don't like these threads, skip 'em.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:04 PM

That's like putting a Victoria's Secret thong on a fat chick. The thong may be sexy, but it's not going to change my mind about how hot the fat chick is.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k,Jan 1 2010, 09:45 AM
yeah, relax a little. It's a car forum, car stuff is everywhere - whether you're interested or not. If this stuff was going to my PM box, then yeah - that'd be annoying. If you don't like these threads, skip 'em.
Are you serious? You see nothing wrong with a new member joining our forum specifically to start new threads that do nothing other than drive traffic to ONE website? Without being a sponsor?

Do a little research. Check up on ALL the threads the OP has started, and tell me what one thing they all have in common.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by BulletProofAuto2,Dec 31 2009, 07:59 PM

-Colin
even if Erik has no problems with it, it doesn't mean some members here will share that sentiment.

as one of the earliest sponsors, founding member, original contributor, an acquaintance of Ben from a decade back, and a loyal (currently not paying LOL) member of this forum, i'll say that i wish there were less promotion of your wares in Car Talk, but then again if i was still a sponsor and still competing with Ben on bring that stuff over from JPN i'd probably do the same
Old 01-03-2010, 07:09 PM

I Find it to be Quite Funny that the Dude from torque Post Here.

We all Know that you really Don't need any Torque to have FUN !!!

Quick Reply: Eco-Tuning:Tommy Kaira Spruces Up '10 Toyota Prius