Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

EVO IX MR vs EVO X vs 07/08 STI?

Old 04-03-2006, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool EVO IX MR vs EVO X vs 07/08 STI?

Selling my s2k maybe this year or maybe early next just depends on when the car Iw ant comes out.........so I decided..........AWd + turbo..........

So now I can't decide what to do........

EVO IX MR, i could do this at the end of summer or fall.....best EVO made so far, high 12 second 1/4.....always win in every competition against STI, and dynos higher than STI....but the new model is just around the corner...

EVO X..........all new redesign, at least 300BHP, AWD, better interior but........it is geared more for masses, could be heaviar, loses the normal bulletproff EVO engine, comes out either early 2007 or late 2007......Mitsu UK says early 2007...

07 or 08 STI. 07 comes this summer might have chnages but if its still the 300HP and 300TQ which is dynoing lwoer than the EVO then I will pass.........rumor that it could be redesigned but that might come in 2007...2007 all new redisgn to make it look better/sportier and power bump. no way will Subby let EVO gain more ground...

so what do I do?????????????

the wild card in this is the supra which comes out next year late fall and even g35 coupe new redesigned and maybe 330HP...

for now I want EVO or STI........

should I wait or byu somethign at the end of the year? the s2k is almost back to stock so not to fun to drive her anymore
Old 04-03-2006, 04:48 PM

be patient. Warmer weather = vert weather. You might enjoy the s2k for a while longer.

If you can't wait. Get a C6.

If you must have one of these cars. Go with the one that appeals visually and "feels" right to drive.

These cars are all easy to modify so stock numbers shouldn't be an issue in the future.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:13 PM

Do stock dyno numbers really matter that much since I'm going to assume you'll be modding?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:19 PM

yeh they do, most I would do is Exhaust and dyno flash for EVO. Work more on stereo, apperance since 12s is perfect for me 0-60 in 4.3-4.5 seconds is cool to

down the road more modding but the warranties are $#$#@#@ on sTI and EVO s if you mod. The warrnties are so much longer than honda, drive train is like 100,000 miles 6 years... the crappy service I get from honda, denting my car, not oiling her up correctly, stripping screws, overcharging can't get as bad as mitsu.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:24 PM

hot of the press.......

"ok, just in from mmna. 2 versions of the 9 coming out.a IX MR w/apperance package, side sill extennsions, bbs forged wheel in diamond black finish, front air dam extensions, and red stitching on seats. for the last one the IX SE package aluminum roof, red stiching on seats, HID head lights front air dam extensions, bbs forged wheel in diamond black finish, and side sill extensions. both packages only come in tarmac black, apex silver and graphite grey. "

Old 04-03-2006, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sliver- sorry i didnt pnm you back it was busy at the dealership today. our dealership is a WORKS distributor. works make some awesome stuff for evos.

i am VERY evo basied, i have two friends that have EVO/STI. the ST is a nice car, you cant ignore that. but it look fugly and i have yet a sti crack 900awhp. there are 5 900awhp evos in the us now. the 4G63 is a very strong motor. we are the only dealer that covers modded evos, so you would have to worry about that.

come down to the dealership and i'll make sure you get a good dealer, we are the biggest evo dealer in 15 states.

as far the the X goes, we have heard very little about it. we do know it will have a VERY advanced SMG-type system as an option, supposedly better than bimmer and vw's DSG. i'll have to drive it to beleive that one. 300+ hp, (335) last i heard. its going to be wicked! 0-60's in the low 4 sec and high 12's in the 1/4. it might be here in 08-09.

as far as the IX goes, this summer mitd will release the IX wagon with a very early version of the "SMG" system it. we suspect to be calling it the 9.5 but officailly it will be a IX.

mits is being very hush, about evo's future right now, all we know is that mits want to blow the doors of suby! i say very hush because they have already told us that we will be getting a ralliart version of the galant, dont laught, think SE-R slayer. i am really excited, mits it going balls out rite now, and why not they have nothing to lose!!

get the evo!!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:14 PM

yeh gave ya a PM on buying. But im so worried if I get EVO Ix I'll be pissed at EVO X totally blowing it out........if EVO x comes in 2008 then fuk that, EVO 09 for me is your dealer stokcing up on EVOs since there wont be any 07s?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Apr 3 2006, 06:14 PM
yeh gave ya a PM on buying. But im so worried if I get EVO Ix I'll be pissed at EVO X totally blowing it out........if EVO x comes in 2008 then fuk that, EVO 09 for me is your dealer stokcing up on EVOs since there wont be any 07s?
i am pretty sure there will be 07 evos!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:22 PM

STi looks nicer. Especially 04-05 IMO. Besides it has the DCCD which is a fun little gadget.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:24 PM

I like both cars looks, I mean STI is cool but I cant live knowing that the EVO is supreior to STI in performance...95% of reviews always pick EVO over STI. seems like

Quick Reply: EVO IX MR vs EVO X vs 07/08 STI?