Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Evo Omg Evo Omg Evo

Old 04-15-2003, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all I can say is WOW. Just got back from a dealer drive and i'm in awe of how amazing this car is. The EVO pushes you back in your seat in every gear, in any situation. The highspeed stability is ridiculous. The car feels like its riding on a rail road track at any speed. I am now seriously considering trading in my baby for a nice Red EVO. Also with the JDM ECU the EVO will push over 300hp no problem, putting it well ahead of the STI in straight line speed. This is truly a ground breaking car, and surpassed all expectations I previously had of it. Drive one and you'll see. The suspension is RIDICULOUS, the car just stays planted on those imaginary rail road tracks no matter what you do to it. VERY capable track beast. I didn't get to drift in it, but I imagine this will be something very fun as well. What a car, I think i'm gonna dream about it tonight.....

in response to the thread titled "EVO8 - why can't they get it right the first time?" It's obvious you didn't drive it because they did WAY more with this car than just "get it right." Truly a special automobile.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Also with the JDM ECU the EVO will push over 300hp no problem, putting it well ahead of the STI in straight line speed. This is truly a ground breaking car, and surpassed all expectations I previously had of it.
That is awesome to hear you enjoyed your test drive.

Think about this though...what about an ECU upgrade for the STi when it comes out and it already has six speeds. If you liked what you felt so much on that test drive you would probably do yourself some good to wait for the STi and give it a test drive as well.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:28 PM

The ECU upgrade for the STI would be aftermarket obviously. I'm not even talking aftermarket, just JDM spec. I'm sure there are stronger ECUs for the EVO that boost it to 22 psi, which is the 16G standard(US evos are only peaking at 15 psi). Plus the EVO is a lighter car which goes a long way with me. I just don't know how patient I can be I think the EVO looks way better as well. I like boxy cars better than curvy bubbly cars.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Plus the EVO is a lighter car which goes a long way with me.
Actually, and ironically, they are the EXACT same weight. 3263 lbs.

Check out this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread...threadid=333412
Old 04-15-2003, 05:45 PM

welp, I should do more research befoer making a statement like that. I was going on 3rd party knowledge which is about as reliable as my old mustang. When will STIs be available for test drive?
Old 04-15-2003, 05:51 PM

Another thing I like is that the EVO motor has been used for over 8 years. STI is first 2.5L turbo. Plus I just can't see the STI handling like the EVO. Ralliart makes a more tuned car than STI. Dont know though, will have to wait and see.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:57 PM

I don't care if it's the fastest car in the world. It's ugly. Now I would still take it over the car I drive right now, (1995 Integra GSR) but hey, who I am kidding, its FAST!
Old 04-15-2003, 06:03 PM

looks are subjective, I happen to think the rally red EVO looks great. WAY better than an STI. Not as good as an S2000 obviously. After driving in it though, i could care less what it looks like. You really need to feel the power delivery, and how PLANTED the car is. We were tooling around at 110 like it was a joke. That rear wing really plants things down hard, and you can feel it. First time i've ever actually felt the downforce effects in a car.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:08 PM

Hey, xpander, I'm picking up my Tarmac Black tomorrow... Can't wait. Stay tuned for driving impressions....
Old 04-15-2003, 06:22 PM

21 hours and counting... Whooo hoooo LOL, I'm totally not getting any sleep tonight....

BTW, xpander, you know you want one... Just do it...

Quick Reply: Evo Omg Evo Omg Evo