Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

F1 GP of Hungary

Old 08-18-2004, 04:11 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default F1 GP of Hungary

MS won that going away. It was funny how specualtion was he was running low fuel, but in fact he came in to pit after most of the others.

I thought it was interesting how he was passing guys at will. I know lapped cars have to let you pass, but he was passing at any spot on the track, like mid corner. It's like he's from another planet.

He never trailed anyone not even after a pit stop.

Maybe he needs a weight penalty, 5 pounds per win (or something). J/K

Old 08-18-2004, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truth be told this was a really boring race. I think Bridgestone deserves most of the credit here, they have really picked up the pace since last year. It was cool to see the Ferrari pit crew scramble to repair the refueling rig, it's shows a small glipse at all the work the goes on off the track, and why this team just won their 6th consecutive WCC... amazing. It's always funny to see Jean Todt get sprayed on the podium too.

Oh yeah, thank god Williams went back to a conventional nose, I was getting sick of those hideous walrus tusks.

I really hope we can get some decent action in the last few races, it's like the rest of the field has given up.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:41 AM

Frankly, there is no reason to watch the remainder of the season. F1 has become too predictable, imo...especially this year.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:48 AM

how is complete domination boring? unless yer a hater...
Old 08-18-2004, 05:57 AM

[QUOTE=mvf4s,Aug 18 2004, 05:48 AM] how is complete domination boring?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:50 AM

Axel6,

If you're not happy now, just wait until next year. . . When DC is driving for BAR
Old 08-18-2004, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will never understand the comments that F1 is boring...

There is so much going on both on track as well as behind the scenes. This year alone has been the wildest silly season I can ever remember! Renault and BAR have risen to a level of being the best of the rest, that was a spot BMW and McLaren held for years; that's big stuff.

As a fan of IMSA/Grand Am racing I know all too well what it must be like for Schumacher to charge through the field. In Grand Am there are basically three totally different types of cars on the track at the same time, and they have very different speed potentials. There are faster cars charging through traffic jams all the time, and I've seen more than once a faster car taken out by a slower car that just did not see it coming. Michael has to deal with this all the time. In fact at Hungary he had lapped all the cars up to 5th place and had the race been a little longer he would have gotten by Montoya in 4th place in the BMW. That's amazing, just amazing!

Guys, we are watching history being made. What Michael is accomplishing will not be done for a very long time, and maybe never. We are seeing the events that will write history books unfolding in front of our eyes. How this is boring I will never understand...

And yes Red_Ohio_Rocket, Michael Schumacher lapped both BARS, Sato and Button, lapped them.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why is there a spoiler warning on this thread....

the race was 4 days ago!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Aug 18 2004, 12:10 PM
In fact at Hungary he had lapped all the cars up to 5th place and had the race been a little longer he would have gotten by Montoya in 4th place in the BMW. That's amazing, just amazing!
beacause.

it is not a "feat"....it's an eventuality.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axel6,Aug 18 2004, 08:41 AM
Frankly, there is no reason to watch the remainder of the season. F1 has become too predictable, imo...especially this year.
except for the silly season happenings

Quick Reply: F1 GP of Hungary