Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

F1 GP of Hungary

Old 08-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Aug 18 2004, 10:10 AM
And yes Red_Ohio_Rocket, Michael Schumacher lapped both BARS, Sato and Button, lapped them.
As usual your Wrong Helmsly
5. 9 BUTTON BAR Honda M + 1'07"439 190.554 Km/h 3
6. 10 SATO BAR Honda M 1 lap(s) 3

And of course MS lapped everyone UP TO 5th, after getting lapped by FA last year of course he was angry

You are right about seeing history
when MS broke JMF record for most wins it was 50+years the record
chances are, this Is a once in a life time viewing. Anyone who loves F1 will be able to tell there grand kids about this. It is a honor to see the total domination
Sure I despise MS.. but the ENTIRE package is currently PERFECT for the Scuderia.
And MS is currently the man. I also agree that seeing BAR and Renault battling for 2nd in CS and leaving Williams and McLaren in their shadow is great.
Next year will be even better... hopefully Ferrari will get more pressure and lose a step.
But, is it boring???? Hell no, not if you understand the whole picture!!

GOD, Please DO NOT let DC drive for BAR... PLEASE
Old 08-18-2004, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is so easy to get your goat...
Old 08-18-2004, 01:43 PM

As a relative newcomer to F1, I do find the current Ferrari domination somewhat boring. MS is of course a great driver, but it's obviously the Ferrari technology that is guaranteeing his victories. Why else would BOTH Schumaker and Barrichello consistently lead in both qualifying and final results at almost every venue?

What is Ferrari doing so differently that allows their slower car to achieve a 44 second lead on the next nearest competitor? That is enormous! I don't understand why I never hear any speculation on this. I'm not saying they are cheating, but surely they must be doing something VERY unique with their cars compared to the other teams.

When BAR experiments with certain gizmos like a front wheel differential and an automatically adjustable rear wing, the FIA kicks them in the nuts for it. Meanwhile, Ferrari is obviously doing something much more effective. What is it, and why hasn't the FIA gone over their car with an electon microscope to discover it and disallow it? I'm totally baffled by this, and I don't know why I never hear anyone talking about it.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Aug 18 2004, 04:24 PM
it is so easy to get your goat...
you didn't get my goat
but I do not like it when you make it a point to point something out that your WRONG about.

Of course you cant say anything nice when i compliament F and MS
Old 08-18-2004, 02:53 PM

The Ferrari dominance can be credited mostly to MS and Bridgestone. They can maintain consistent lap times through a stint while the Michelins seem to fall off. This allows MS to just turn it up whenever he pleases.

Give Michelin some credit, they seem to have it in qualifying.

It doesn't help Michelin that they have to make tires to please 4 competitive teams whereas Bridgestone only need to keep Ferrari happy.

In 2002, when Ferrari were equally dominant, Reubens actually had some races where he was clearly faster than MS and he had to move aside to let MS win. None of that this year. I don't think the car is that much better than Renault. It's the driver, the tires and the team.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:06 PM

Sorry, I don't think simply tires + R. Barrichello = 44 second lead over the next competitor. That's what I'm talking about. Michelin is not that much outclassed.

Besides, don't Jordan, Sauber, and Mindardi run Bridgestone also?
Old 08-18-2004, 04:49 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=motokichi,Aug 18 2004, 02:53 PM] I don't think the car is that much better than Renault.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:58 PM

I love F1, I certainly understand it, and I sure as hell appreciate what I'm seeing this year. You know what else? I can admit when a race where there was not a single competive pass and the winner leads every single lap is BORING!! zzZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZz Did you guys actually watch this race? Did you stay awake for the whole thing? I had to rewind my Tivo at least 4 times to make sure I didn't miss anything.... By the way, I didn't. Wake me up in time for Spa.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the sauber uses a ferrari engine, and bridgestones i believe so all i can say is taht it must be the driver. But i believe that for example that if bar had MS they would be winning. But i do agree with cbeyond's comment fia needt to pick on someone else rather than honda, pick on another team.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBeyond,Aug 18 2004, 01:43 PM
As a relative newcomer to F1, I do find the current Ferrari domination somewhat boring. MS is of course a great driver, but it's obviously the Ferrari technology that is guaranteeing his victories. Why else would BOTH Schumaker and Barrichello consistently lead in both qualifying and final results at almost every venue?

What is Ferrari doing so differently that allows their slower car to achieve a 44 second lead on the next nearest competitor? That is enormous! I don't understand why I never hear any speculation on this. I'm not saying they are cheating, but surely they must be doing something VERY unique with their cars compared to the other teams.

When BAR experiments with certain gizmos like a front wheel differential and an automatically adjustable rear wing, the FIA kicks them in the nuts for it. Meanwhile, Ferrari is obviously doing something much more effective. What is it, and why hasn't the FIA gone over their car with an electon microscope to discover it and disallow it? I'm totally baffled by this, and I don't know why I never hear anyone talking about it.
I agree. It's absolutely ridiculous for someone to be able to lap almost every single competitor out there....it just doesn't make sense to me. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports. Every component of the car is made to exacting standards, millions of dollars are spent on R&D from some of the best companies out there, you would think the competition would be closer. I can't imagine Bridgestone tires giving a 44 sec advantage over Michelin's...even with drivers factored in.

Like someone said earlier, Schumacher was passing people like they were standing still...mid corner! Yeah, lapped cars have to pull over but it was like watching a grown man playing against tiny tots. Something else that gets to me is the lack of consistency of the other teams. At least last year, it was semi-competitive, there was some doubt that Ferrari would win, but this year is flat-out bonkers. It's not even worth putthing a spoiler alert on these threads.

Why don't the other elite teams go to Bridgestone if they really are that much better? I don't think that's the problem...

I couldn't keep my eyes open watching this...I don't even think there were any position changes from the grid worth mentioning. They should just go back to slicks, and active aero...at least the crashes would have been interesting.

Quick Reply: F1 GP of Hungary