Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Feel any guilt when giving up your previous car?

Old 05-30-2005, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose I will comment on this, seeing how a run in with an old friend and chit chat made me miss my old ride.

My first ride was a 1994 jeep cherokee, red, with the inline 6 motor. I got it when I was 15 and bought it from my mom for 3,800..(got a deal..but paid for it myself)..Well I had ALOT of centimental attachment that went un noticed until I gave my baby up...I put so much money and had so many memories with that truck that I am trying to locate the owners now and buy it from them NOT TO REPLACE THE S2000! of course...but for a daily driver

Mods to the jeep: (It was set up for drag racing...and was damn fast)
Engine Performance:
Bored and honed .02mm w/ high compression ross pistons
Headman header
ported and polished head
62 mm throttle body w/ helix power tower spacer
Custom made ram air induction w/ functional ram air hood scoop
Full custom built 3 inch exhaust from the headers back..(no cat) f40 series flowmaster muffler and a very rare tip (hard to describe it...It was chrome on the outside...and had a ....ehh nevermind..looked very good)
100 wet shot nx nitrous kit
Lunati traction bars
Lunati camshaft
B&M shift kit

Exterior:
Lowered 3 and 1/2 inches
02 jeep wrangler OEM wheels
Clear corner turn signals
Euro headlights with "hid" blubs (wernt true hids...just very blue when lit)
Billet grille
molded ram air (functional) hood scoop
5 % tint all around

Interior:
Full JL audio component speaker in front doors
and rear sound bar
3 12 inch jl audio w6's w/ 1600 watt linear power amplifier
(It was LOUD!)
Custom interior put togeather in red and black leather by tupelo custom apolstry (sponsored by them...GRADE A WORK!!..will have them do the s's interior as well)
Custom made center console w/ carbon fiber ichibahn auto matic shift knob and b&m rubber shift boot w/ chrome bottom bezel
Indiglo gages

I put ALOT of time and money into this thing...and it was my 1st car...I really miss the truck because everyone around here knows me so well for it and well....It was my baby for so many years...I made the biggest mistake of my life when I sold it (DIRT CHEAP) and bought a 99 eclipse.....It was problem after problem and was never half as fast as my jeep...I got robbed trading it in for 2400 on the S but I was more then happy to get that POS out of my hair...Now the s2000 is the best car I have ever owned...it gives me more joy driving and more stares then the eclipse ever did...But when I hear stories of people boasting up my jeep so highly it makes me want it back so badly...just as a daily/ winter driver.. ...I think the new owners live a few towns over..I saw it the other day going down the road and pulled them over and talked to them..They say that they would never have expected a jeep to be so fast I let out a painful laugh as I remembered how many times I busted my knuckles ripping that engine apart/ installing the nitrous/and every other thing that had to be made from scratch for that jeep..Most of the parts I found for it took ages..and were on 4 wheelin forums...my jeep was RWD..and I had to have most everything (minus the N.O.S., cams, pistons, and traction bars) built from scratch...The functional ram air was by far the most complicated....Damn im ranting on...See how much I miss this thing. But my S is by far the better vehicle and I have more fun driving it then I ever did the jeep...Just so many memories n' all.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:40 AM

YES, i just got done doing a full all motor build on my vr6 and finally got it tuned last oct, ran her at the traclk once and put her down for most of the winter. as soon as it warmed up i got the s2k bug and sold my vw after only a few thousand miles on my 8k build. i had that car for almost three years and loved it to death. not a single part of that cars drivetrain was still stock. no matter what i love my s more and i sleep easy knowing my jetta went to some crazzy vw nut in CA.

<3
Old 05-30-2005, 07:14 AM

Let me see, i gave up my wife's(pos)87 Tercel wagon. I planned on getting a sports car when it died, and it died a horrible death. It was vapor locking, needed a carb and was probably the worst 4x4 i've ever driven. It spun out on any form of snow or ice.
In short, Hasta la vista BABY
Old 05-30-2005, 07:28 AM

I become very attatched with my cars (well, the ones I like)... I'm not attatched with my current Altima, but I was VERY attached to my previous Supra and RX-7. Watching those cars leave was horrible...

When I sold my RX-7, it wasn't running, and hadn't been for a while (suprise, lol)... but when they came and loaded it up on the flatbed and drove off, I felt empty inside. And when the new owner of my Supra picked it up and drove it off, same thing, I felt terrible watching it drive away down the street... worst part, the new owner wrecked it . Poor thing, if only I would have held on to it...
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Never look back and always stand by your decisions. From a 03 GTS to S2000, you'll have no regrets. I have a 03 GTS as my family car and the wife and I always fight over who's going to be driving the S2000
Old 05-30-2005, 11:46 AM

My previous ride is my current beater, so no sadness there.

My last ride before that was totaled. I had really liked that car, but I saw the wreck as an opportunity. I had a lot miles on that car, so the settlement was for more than I would have gotten selling it. Other than the bruises it wasn't a bad way to get rid of a 10 year old car.

All of my other cars were good riddance to bad steel.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:23 PM

sometimes but everytime I drive my s2k it goes away and away. Kind of like you broke up with your ex and you have this new girl! haha same kind of thing
Old 05-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,May 29 2005, 11:56 PM
We should start a 350z + s2000 owners club
You own both as well I only know of one other person who has both cars?

The best part I like is when I give facts about both cars in any 350Z vs S2000 thread and no one can really say anything to me, because I am not bias to either one.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:18 PM

hey do the 350z owners really talk smack about us on their boards? lol

on a side note, 350z and the new mustangs are getting real popular here in WA, I see them alot way more than s2ks and rx-8s.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Banned

I love my S2000 tons, however I miss this every day:

Having a lot of horsepower was nice. However, a drive in my proper sports car fixes things.

Quick Reply: Feel any guilt when giving up your previous car?