Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Finest examples of automotive tuning around

Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently there is some rule dictating that poor people must also be stupid and lacking in good taste. I really wonder where these guys end up in life.

Who do they marry?
Where do they work / how do they support themselves?
Are the rest of the decisions they make in life of equal quality?
How many of them die trying to race their painfully tarted up and criminally maintained backyard F1 cars on public roads?
Are the women who hang with these guys embarrassed but lacking in options?
Why are young white males waaaaay over represented?
Do they feel no embarrassment / are they actually proud to be seen in these backyard abortions?
Why are these "car shows" usually in the rural backwaters of society?
Would these guys even want a decent car if they could afford it or do they like the "custom" nature of their shitboxes?
Is performance even part of this culture or is it only (tacky) appearance that counts?
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 AM

Carlisle events aren't "backwater". Carlisle, PA holds some of the biggest national shows. It's just the ricers are the funny ones.

Corvettes at Carlisle
Ford Nationals
GM Nationals
Chrysler Nationals
Bike Fest
Truck Nationals

Carlisle Performance&Style is the sport compact show.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFmtcAsuTIM [/media]&feature=player_embedded#!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SHOULD HAVE INVESTED ALL SAVINGS INTO NOPI IPO
Old 05-16-2010, 11:29 AM

I live in a "transitional" neighborhood in philly. The popular fad among the fishtownites is to grab a beat up crown vic and throw some $4k 26" wheels on that bitch. $1k car, $4k wheels. That makes sense, right?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have that issue here as well...

Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 AM

So is this real or is this some underground thing where people _try_ to show up with the worst shit possible? I mean there's some stuff that's so terrible it +has+ to be by design.

I went to quite a few shows when I had my Supra, and even though there were a few clunkers, most ranged from reasonably decent to outstanding (even if the style wasn't my thing).
Old 05-16-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by SpudRacer,May 16 2010, 09:58 AM
Apparently there is some rule dictating that poor people must also be stupid and lacking in good taste. I really wonder where these guys end up in life.

Who do they marry?
How many of them die trying to race their painfully tarted up and criminally maintained backyard F1 cars on public roads?
Do they feel no embarrassment / are they actually proud to be seen in these backyard abortions?
Would these guys even want a decent car if they could afford it or do they like the "custom" nature of their shitboxes?
Is performance even part of this culture or is it only (tacky) appearance that counts?
Who do they marry?

Whatever drunk fat/and or stupid woman they impregnate at a young age - divorce follows shortly thereafter and they just leave and stop making child support payments.

Whatever blue collar, low paying job they can find. Fast food, bouncer, stock boy, whatever. By 'support' you must also factor in recreational drug use and careful balancing of what bill to pass on that month (usually cell phone).

Stealing is usually another popular alternative (i.e., S2000 seats, Integras, etc.) You can be ANYBODY on the interwebz!

Yes.

Watch cops.

The're equally as dumb.

Inbred FTW.

mAd TyTE yO!

See above.

Probably, but they'll never have money so its irrelevant.

Show>Go.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

And if its not cars, it's bicycles. Either way, I think its all about the "stuffing 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag" theory.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 'donk' is the new fad. Take an old shit box oldsmobile alero and (if you are big baller) put bigger then 30 inch rims on it. I saw one over in Oaktown the other month that looked like it was flotating when viewed from the front. the rims were at least 36 inch rims and the ratio of height to width was so off that the car looked as if it was floating.

it was quite a redonkulous as the above (maybe that is where the term 'donk' came from?), but it was close. About the worst thing you can do, IMO. The car is a shit box to begin with and now you have rendered it totally unsafe to operate and it looks like a squashed dick.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my goodness...

Quick Reply: Finest examples of automotive tuning around