Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford can't fix my moms car

Old 08-05-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ford can't fix my moms car

My mom has a Freestyle, we've had it for 1.5 years, we're leasing it, the regular 3 years/15k miles lease, and there is some wierd noise coming from the steering whenever you turn the wheel even the slightest bit.. So she took it to Ford, and they took a look at it, and they said they can't fix it, because the car is too new!

Is this supposed to happen with newly released cars?? I would think Ford would release a service manual with all cars they make... I think it's a lemon, it's had so many problems including:

Random "Engine Safe Mode" occurrences
Check engine light goes on every once in a while

Why Ford, why???
Old 08-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to hear your mom is having problems. Bring it to another dealer with a real service department. That is just ridiculous that your dealer told you that. If all else fails...burn it (thats what my old accounting teacher used to say!)
Old 08-05-2006, 06:14 PM

You bought a :

Found
On
Road
Daily

it has a problem and your surprised? The local dealer has a clerk who's only job is to process recalls.

Your service guy sounds like a moron try another dealer's service bay. Post this in a Ford Forum you should find more help.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:06 PM

Well if you think Ford is bad, try getting Toyota to fix a problem.

Really given what you have said you need a new dealer. When I had my Ford the local dealer was great. My brother has a Freestyle and has been very happy with it.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned

find a different dealer, they are giving you a load of crap. Some of the dealres are owned by large corporations that own numerous dealers all over the country, and they all have huge custoerm-service issues. Not all dealers are the same, and Ford dealers ARE NOT "Ford."
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
VAD

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,Aug 5 2006, 09:14 PM
You bought a :

Found
On
Road
Daily

it has a problem and your surprised? The local dealer has a clerk who's only job is to process recalls.

Your service guy sounds like a moron try another dealer's service bay. Post this in a Ford Forum you should find more help.
It's:

Found
On
Road
Dead.

I had a Ford mechanic come in the store once. He was working on his personal car. It was a plain-jane Taurus with the 3.0 V6 OHV. He was having some sort of electrical problem. He had me pulling map sensors, tp sensors, egr position sensors and he was checking all of them with his multimeter. None of them seemed to have the "correct" specifications. He was beginning to get real frustrated. Finally, he just left in a huff. He just couldn't figure that damn car out! All of us in the store had a good laugh that a Ford mechanic couldn't even fix his own car.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:13 AM

Chances are if that mechanic couldn't figure out a Taurus he couldn't figure out an Accord either.

Either way, it sounds like the issue is with the dealer, not the car.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 PM

The common response we used to get from dealers like that was, "Try to live with it."
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,Aug 5 2006, 09:14 PM
You bought a :

Found
On
Road
Daily
I see someone corrected this already, but the one you're thinking of is probably:

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily
Old 08-07-2006, 06:37 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Turn up the radio.

Quick Reply: Ford can't fix my moms car