Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford GT ran a 2:38 at VIR grand new lap record.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
While I'm at it, why don't we talk about what's really on our minds, that both of these cars are faster and therefore superior in every possible facet than the NSX. Jonboy, what do you have to say about that bro?
I'm too busy at VIR, beating Chevy's lap time in a gutted turbo Miata with slicks and 2000 lbs of downforce, that cost me $10K to build, limited by my inferior driving skills, to answer questions like that.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
I can see you enjoying that cucumber sandwich he made for you, does he put that much cream cheese for all his pole jockers? How many Tide Pods can you even eat bro?
Haha. I'm way past that. I now freebase Tide Pods.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:33 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Remember it only counts if you post it on Fakebook, Instacrap, SnapCrap, and Twatter!

You know da way.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
I'm too busy at VIR, beating Chevy's lap time in a gutted turbo Miata with slicks and 2000 lbs of downforce, that cost me $10K to build, limited by my inferior driving skills, to answer questions like that.
My mustang will destroy it if I ever catch your Pussiata anywhere near a cars and coffee brah.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
Haha. I'm way past that. I now freebase Tide Pods.
I'​m in that ​​​​​​Organic edible elecric Tide Pods kick.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:06 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rwheelz
Man I would love to see ZX10, johnnychang and CHEF return to S2ki! The politics forum used to be entertaining!
I was thinking the same thing myself! Ah the good old days...
Old 04-22-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Don't make me blush, EG. Sounds like I owe you dinner next time around! haha. Man, I like talking cars and SOME people on here are some of the better guys on the internet to just chat cars. I don't talk about my car crap in person to hardly anyone except my close car friends. No one at work even knows I have a P-car and I won't tell anyone. Some know I have a Vette, but when they ask I just say it's a "old" 2010 Vette. I have my preferences, but I like all cool cars. Occasionally, I like defending cars I prefer, but it's just part of the fun internet debating.

Car driving is so subjective and I'm absolutely NOT a pro or even close to it like Bill, etc. The one time I'll say something since EG brought it up is that almost every single time I've been in an event with everyone having to drive the same car, I've done very well. Spring Mountain Corvette School outside of Vegas, I was told by the chief instructor (Rick Malone) that I set the student lap record all 3 times I went out there for Level 1 ZR1 school, Level 2 school, and Level 3 school. Everyone drives stock Vettes. Then, at the Cadillac V-Performance Lab at COTA this past year, I set the autocross record in a stock ATS-V with over 400 participants who paid $995 (including me) going out there on Friday, Saturday ,and Sunday. I even beat the instructor reference lap time which they said hadn't happened before. They also said I would get something really cool and I got a Cadillac water bottle. haha.

The last thing is I'm going out to Thermal in California here in 3 weeks. BMW is flying me out since I won the autocross competition here in DFW at their BMW Ultimate Driver event with over 3,500 people competing over the 10 days they were here in DFW. Over 20,000 people in 7 different cities competed in this BMW promo event, free autocross, and paid driving school. 16 other people and me are participating in the finals at Thermal. They haven't mentioned prizes and I'm trying not to think about it, but if I do well, it could be pretty cool since they are spending so much money on this event. Maybe a BMW 320i lease for 2 years. haha. My flight, ground travel, hotel, and food are covered for me and a guest.

Anyway, I know the above is bragging, but I just had to tell somebody and some of you here in Car Talk are really cool and would appreciate it. I have been paid a grand total of zero dollars to drive in my life (and spent large sums), so none of the above matters really. I certainly don't talk about it in real life. The rest of you can pound sand.
For the few here who care, I ended up winning the BMW Ultimate Driver challenge. It was so much fun!! Below is the video:

The following 4 users liked this post by QUIKAG:
cbehney (04-30-2018), Chibo (04-29-2018), JonBoy (04-24-2018), Kenny_Stang (04-25-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 06:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats, that is a pretty cool story to tell.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For the few here who care, I ended up winning the BMW Ultimate Driver challenge. It was so much fun!! Below is the video:

https://youtu.be/oYgtNGHkihs
Damn that's awesome!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

https://youtu.be/oYgtNGHkihs
Congrats! What was the prize tho haha. Someone's gotta ask right?

Quick Reply: Ford GT ran a 2:38 at VIR grand new lap record.