Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford Mustang GT350

Old 12-14-2016, 09:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I can't think of anything beyond racing seats that could ever need a mod on that car. My buddy's has the ventilated seats; maybe the standard seats are more locked in?
I can't imagine having the leather sofa's in a GT350, dilutes the whole spirit behind the car IMO. That's why I have the Recaro's, they are damn good too.
The following users liked this post:
Billj747 (12-15-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
If Ford was smart they'd detune the voodoo to delineate and put it in their Mustang GT. They would sell sell them by the train loads. The ADM and buying hassle has kept me away so far. Should have bought that base for 49k when I had the chance. It was way out of state and I wanted the track pack. Regretting now. It's worth it at 50k, at 60k much easier for me to pass. I'll wait to see if used prices ease up. Maybe when the GT500 drops, current owners will offload them.
I can guarantee that will never happen (fortunately for GT350 owners), Ford did not offer the Voodoo in the crate program in order to keep it unique to the GT350 platform. The new 5.2 Aluminator would be great in the GT however.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:24 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by LUV2REV
I can't imagine having the leather sofa's in a GT350, dilutes the whole spirit behind the car IMO. That's why I have the Recaro's, they are damn good too.
The seats in my buddy's GT350 are on the plush side vs. a true "racing" kind of set. Are your seats the ventilated ones? Seats in my Evora were (also Recaro) would've been a better selection; lighter and more support. Ford has used that same seat in their Focus RS in Europe. Leather seats do not imply "leather sofa" to me.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

I can't think of anything beyond racing seats that could ever need a mod on that car. My buddy's has the ventilated seats; maybe the standard seats are more locked in?
I'm sure the one I drove had them, they were Recaros. I just wasn't interested in the fluff. I drove it with all in car stuff turned off. HVAC as well as ICE. I know from my Mustang GT test drive, that car had the premium audio, that I hated the audio and would rather get a base with track pack. That way i could change the head unit and put in my own stereo system. But correct, the damn thing didn't need exhaust, tune, nothing. It was fine to me and I'm picky. Some GT350 owners are removing the resonators (they don't come on the GT350R) and after driving it with the exhaust in loud mode (owner set it up for me) I just don't see the point. That's the most magnificent soundtrack I've ever heard out of a motor, car motor. Up there in sound quality, to me, as a 90 degree Honda V4.

Last edited by TommyDeVito; 12-15-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:33 AM

I'm sure the one I drove had them, they were Recaros. I just wasn't interested in the fluff. I drove it with all in car stuff turned off. HVAC as well as ICE. I know from my Mustang GT test drive, that car had the premium audio, that I hated the audio and would rather get a base with track pack. That way i could change the head unit and put in my own stereo system. But correct, the damn thing didn't need exhaust, tune, nothing. It was fine to me and I'm picky. Some GT350 owners are removing the resonators (they don't come on the GT350R) and after driving it with the exhaust in loud mode (owner set it up for me) I just don't see the point. That's the most magnificent soundtrack I've ever heard out of a motor, car motor. Up there in sound quality, to me, as a 90 degree Honda V4.

I like the Ford Sync or whatever it is called. I don't think a different head unit would be as well thought out. I could be mistaken, but I thought he car had telemetry through the NAV display like a GTR.

You're right on the exhaust; pure music! Very loud and mean, I know when he's 300 yards from the house. As great as the engine is, the transmission is just as a joy and great brakes; as good as my Lotus. Car is big feeling though (relatively); guess that comes with the size of the car.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:24 PM

The seats in my buddy's GT350 are on the plush side vs. a true "racing" kind of set. Are your seats the ventilated ones? Seats in my Evora were (also Recaro) would've been a better selection; lighter and more support. Ford has used that same seat in their Focus RS in Europe. Leather seats do not imply "leather sofa" to me.
The leather seats in the GT350 convenience package are heated/ventilated and power operated with not nearly the bolstering of the standard Recaro's. I understand Recaro makes leather seats, these are not them.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:26 PM

The standard GT350 sounds even better without the resonators IMO. I have not removed mine yet, but I likely will.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

C7Z is the same way. Put the exhaust in track mode and it is blissful. I see no need for an exhaust system to alter the sound.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:45 AM

The leather seats in the GT350 convenience package are heated/ventilated and power operated with not nearly the bolstering of the standard Recaro's. I understand Recaro makes leather seats, these are not them.
I think my friend would rather have the Recaro over the fancier seats, but did not have any option to spec the car; this was the only reasonably priced new GT350 he could find semi locally.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:08 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

The GT350 and ZL1 are different cars beyond the performance spectrum in which they are similar. The GT350 has a special engine likely to never be done again, the ZL1 not so much. A new Camaro SS offers similar performance for way less money and that has not changed demand for the GT350, not sure the ZL1 will either.
that special engine is so weak compared to the 650 HP the zl1 is packing.
http://autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/first-drive-2017-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-rules-roost-and-track

i don't know what a gt350 costs but if it's near a new zl1, used z06 or used viper, you gotta be pretty in love with that engine to pick it over any of those other cars. My guess, the 350r will have a hard time keeping up with the zl1 in any objective measurement.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang GT350