Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford Mustang GT350

Old 04-01-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

I like (as does my friend) the tech package on the his GT350. Ford did a good job with it.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
I doubt it. Again, I haven't read the lawsuit (if anyone cares just say the word and I'll take a peak and then get more specific), but if they are being sued in the manner I described in my last post, then they haven't breached an implied warranty made to the purchasers of the track pack (the track pack solves the overheating problem, right?).

Unless, of course, they also sue for diminution of value, which is to say, suing on the basis that the value of everyone's GT350 has lost market value now that this info has come to light. But those are tricky cases. We have a case right now where a guy bought a .22 LR AR-15 pattern rifle and the gun fired without a finger on the trigger and with the safety engaged. Our client ended up getting shot a few times consecutively due to this issue. This particular rifle is starting to become known as an unsafe firearm that several prominent gun ranges won't allow them on their premises. Well, we have a pretty straightforward products liability case against the maker of the gun, but there may end up being a class action (not by our firm) on the basis that the manufacturer's screw ups have turned thousands of rifles into paperweights, thereby resulting in a loss of value that owners can sue for.
I was implying the compensation for Track Pack owners halfheartedly as I know it would never happen. The premise for this suit is non-sensical IMO, just another sign of the litigious world we live in. When you purchased a GT350 in 15'/16' (mostly 16' as very few 15's were made) you had four platforms to choose from. Base, Track, Tech & R. Ford states in the owners manual and several other GT350 documents that come with the car that Base and Tech cars should have diff.and transmission coolers installed if you plan to track the car. Ford also recommends oil separators on both banks for track work for all GT350's. The Track Pack & R were advertised by Ford as the most track ready Mustangs ever, not the Base or Tech cars. The people who bought the Base/Tech cars now want to be compensated ?? They had the option to buy a Track Pack (or R) car that is best equipped for track work but chose not to. I hope this suit and those involved get stuffed, purely ridiculous.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:39 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

I think it's lame. You had the opportunity to get a track pack and skipped it. Now you sue?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
I think it's lame. You had the opportunity to get a track pack and skipped it. Now you sue?
Seriously though, hmm they offer a tech package which adds creature comforts, they add a track package that offers cooling aids. Car with no track pack goes to track and overheats, which means you have to rest the car and as long as you're not an idiot about it nothing breaks. Then again for should've just dummy proofed it.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't advertise a car as being "track ready" if it's not "track ready" without adding extra performance packages. simple as that.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

It is the same way with the C7Z! Advertised as "the most track capable corvette ever."
Old 04-07-2017, 07:32 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

"The most track capable Corvette ever" comment (in terms of the C7Z) is not an affirmation of track worthiness, just it's relative track worthiness compared to prior Corvettes.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Kuhn
you don't advertise a car as being "track ready" if it's not "track ready" without adding extra performance packages. simple as that.
A track pack was offered. Those owners chose to skip it. Compared to past Mustangs, Ford is correct in their advertising. They made it standard on 2017's with a price increase. Lawsuit is nothing more than a bunch of impatient buyers, early adopters, pissed off owners of non-track pack equipped vehicles upset 2017 owners got something extra. What they fail to understand is they got a cheaper ($) vehicle. If there were no track pack option they'd have a case. They chose to skip the package so they are nothing more than a bunch of little whiny babies trying to get something for nothing. Most of them foolishly paid ADM to boot. If I were Ford I'd take it to court then counter-sue for all the court and lawyer costs. Driving or riding at the track, on a hot road course, always takes track prep. Even on my literbikes that means water wetter and a few other mods to keep temps cool such as radiator mods. On my RC-51 that meant a change from side radiators to front mount, or cooling fins for the side mounts. None of us sued. And that was a homolgated Superbike.

People like this this make me sick. Manus will just say f it, and make toasters and leave performance cars alone. Everyone wanting something for nothing. POS. No track pack offered, you have a case. Track pack was offered for customers, you skipped, now they sue like the bitches they are. No different than hot coffee McDonald lawsuit.
The following users liked this post:
LUV2REV (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
"The most track capable Corvette ever" comment (in terms of the C7Z) is not an affirmation of track worthiness, just it's relative track worthiness compared to prior Corvettes.
The C6Z is more track worthy for the sheer fact that it actually has an oil cooler!
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very glad I got the 2017... I never understood why they made people choose between track capability (supposedly a key part of the identity of the Shelby), and convenience / modern electronics.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang GT350