Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

get a evo VII our S2000

Old 01-08-2002, 04:43 PM

Received 4,947 Likes on 3,001 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pellisS2k
[B]

Old 01-08-2002, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTRPower
[B]

Fact-

Mitsubishi ran the WRC for many years successfully using a Group N specification Lancer- Tommi Makkinen being the prime example.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by nine grand

...my point does still stand. Over and over again. This is all I was saying from the start... So don't you dare come to me are start spouting off about these two items and whether or not their marketed against each other. Your wrong, dead wrong.
In your mind.

But not in this forum. And definitely not in this thread.

You can say whatever you want, and if you say it enough, you just might convince yourself, especially the point about a career in marketing being a prerequisite for real automotive knowledge. Gosh, I have no idea what the 4 P's have anything to do with the differences with a boxer engine vs. an I4 or the quantitative differences between 220HP vs. 250+HP, etc...

Are you threatening me in there? "...don't you dare..." or what will happen?

Choose your words more wisely. If I see another veiled threat again I just may report it to the moderators, who don't take too kindly to that sort of thing here.

If you want to get a real idea what the EVO VII is, take Jason Saini's advice and try a Mitsu Eclipse GSX. Similar engine, similar drivetrain layout, similar cheesy interior quality. Your "simple comparative statement" was false. Deal with it. Or don't, and continue in your suspension of disbelief.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Former Moderator

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em..

Lets take a breather from this one, agreed?
Old 01-09-2002, 02:55 AM

Dam mindcore, your badge might even be nicer than the Houstooks, gorgeous!
Old 01-09-2002, 07:14 AM

[B]

In your mind.

But not in this forum.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:22 AM

Inhale... Exhale... (smile on my face)
Sorry Mindcore. I've been done here for about four days now. But our buddy "GTRpower" here was so intent on displaying his knowledge to me that I had to let him lay it all out for me. I had an opinion and I got cut down for it. I didn't know this guy before this thread and I won't be dealing with him after, just having some fun with him.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:33 AM

[B]What?

A US Spec WRX being close to what a Mitsubishi Lancer GSR EVO VII is?

Are you people out of your minds?
Old 01-09-2002, 08:34 AM

Its nice to see someone get so bent out of shape over this simple little thread. I'm happy to see that I have kept you running in circles over the last few days. I love getting know-it-alls like you into this type of round-and-round posting. It shows me how childish some people can act. Well, its been nice playing with you.
How old are you? Not so amazingly, I have learned nothing from any of your posts in this thread whereas others including GTR Power have provided background and actual driving experiences which is way more than you have provided. Baiting this into a round and round thread does nothing but make you look like an ass and diminish the point of the whole thread.

I have driven many Mitsubishi's and Suabaru's and from my standpoint, I like the Mitsu products more. As to the original dilema; S2000 or Lancer Evo, I say S2000. Not just because it's a Honda, but because you know what it is. There are too many questions still about the Evo that are unanswered. Look at how dissappointing the release of the Lancer in the US was. 'Nuff said?

Brian.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mugen2000
[B]

How old are you?

Quick Reply: get a evo VII our S2000