Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

get a evo VII our S2000

Old 01-10-2002, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to throw my 2 pennies. WTF is going on here? GTR power, can we be a bit more objective and stop slinging insults, no flames intended but you're coming off as an @ss with your responses. Nine grand, just relax, you're just egging him on and slinging insults on your part are dropping you down to his level of arguing.

I think we all know the JDM Evo and the standard WRX are quite far apart in performance categories overseas but unfortunately, here in the states, the WRX would be the direct and only competition as nine grand has stated. By the time the Evo does make it to our shores, I can guarantee it will be detuned. And by that time, the WRX STi will be out which WILL be a direct competitor to the Evo VII.

I think the problem we're having here is that you GTR are making comparisons of vehicles that are available outside of the U.S. whereas nine grand is making a more relevant comparison of the cars that are offered in the U.S. In the asian, European market, GTR is right. But for the U.S. market, nine grand's argument is more relevant especially because the person inquiring about whether to get the S2k or the Evo is residing in the U.S. Making the comparison between USDM and JDM cars is not relevant for this thread and the question was thrown out of whether he should get the USDM s2k or waiting and purchasing the USDM spec Evo. And with the Mitsu's shoddy build quality and reliability, I'd opt for the s2k.

Flame suit on..
Old 01-11-2002, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GTRPower
[B]What?

A US Spec WRX being close to what a Mitsubishi Lancer GSR EVO VII is?

Are you people out of your minds?
Old 01-12-2002, 08:00 AM

Douglas you hit the nail on the head. This is all I was trying to say. Finally someone with some commonsense. Thank you for taking a step back and looking at the big picture.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:06 PM

If you want a bad ass convertable with honda reliability and build quality, get the s2k. $32000 for convertable, factory h.i.d, awesome looks, stock high13-low 14, leather, abs, etc, etc, etc is an awesome deal.
I don't own one but I love s2k, for me the only drawback is the torque and torque curve.

If you want an awd street monster to hit 11 or 12 second time slips easy, get the evo.
in addition to awd and 4g63 turbo engine (different version I guess) like Mitsu GSX, it has:
stock front mount intercooler,
276stock (japan spec) 0-60 under 5 seconds.
capable of 20 psi of boost without fuel system upgrade,
electronic active yaw control,
electronic active center differential,
start modding, it will be like doing bpu on Supra: 11second 1/4mile time slips and lots of power for few mods.
I don't own Mitsubishi motors corp. so I have no idea what version they'll bring to the states. things I listed above are J-spec.
if us spec don't have fmic/ayc/acd, it's not all that great so go with s2k.
don't know much bout WRX so correct me if I'm wrong, I think US WRX is basically Impreza RS with turbo. unlike Sti, the transmission is weak. make it a 12-13second car and I heard owners are having trouble with trannys. I heard suspension is different than sti too.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:26 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Why does GTR Power always have these problems?

From everything that I read, they are hinting at a detuned 250hp (compared to the real deal) version of the EVO VII. That would probably get it running the