Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Help me decide what to do! (Daily Driver Needed)

Old 02-12-2017, 06:40 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Interior on WRX isn't as nice as on the RSX. I would drive what I have for a daily. WRXS are everywhere.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:39 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by ealand0001
huh? I'm attached to all my cars some varying amount when I go to sell them. So never sell a car?
I guess I am different. I am not attached to all my cars, but have been really really attached to one. Sold it. Regretted it. Bought it back a year later. Sold it a gain three years later, miss the car all the time.

I generally like my cars, but most, yeah they are nice, but I get my fill, want something else and never look back. From what the OP says, this RSX seems special to him.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't help, but laugh when I came across this thread...it's good to know I'm not the only "crazy" person out there!
Like you I own three vehicles - a daily, a recently purchased s2000, and you guessed it...my beloved RSX Type S.

When I initially purchased the s2000 I had every intention of selling my RSX, but simply couldn't bring myself to do it. I even started to return it to stock and midway through the process stopped.
It does not sound like I am as invested as you in your RSX, but it is a super clean example ('05 VBP), I take great pride in it and I fear I will never come across one like it again.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to realize the financially irresponsible consequences of owning three cars (increase in insurance, storage problems, etc.) and hope to reevaluate my decision come spring (this does not appear to be a factor for you).

However, unlike me, it does sound like your daily Accord is getting up there in mileage.
Like others have said (with a little bit of a twist) - I would consider daily driving the RSX for a couple months. If over the course of a couple months it loses its lust, then maybe it is a sign to move on or maybe it will be the ladder! (For the record, I have not driven a newer WRX, it seems like a AWD sedan/rear wheel drive roadster would be an "ideal" combo, but I personally do not see the nostalgia of owning a WRX).

Obliviously, these are first world car enthusiast problems (there are far smarter things to invest money in, then again this is a car forum) and the best advice you can take is your own.

I'm sure there are tons of former ClubRSX members on these forums…hopefully one will chime in and tell us how ridiculous we sound ha.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I helped or further fueled the fire…selfishly, I am anxious to hear the outcome.

Good luck with your decision
Old 02-13-2017, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zubster89
I couldn't help, but laugh when I came across this thread...it's good to know I'm not the only "crazy" person out there!
Like you I own three vehicles - a daily, a recently purchased s2000, and you guessed it...my beloved RSX Type S.

When I initially purchased the s2000 I had every intention of selling my RSX, but simply couldn't bring myself to do it. I even started to return it to stock and midway through the process stopped.
It does not sound like I am as invested as you in your RSX, but it is a super clean example ('05 VBP), I take great pride in it and I fear I will never come across one like it again.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to realize the financially irresponsible consequences of owning three cars (increase in insurance, storage problems, etc.) and hope to reevaluate my decision come spring (this does not appear to be a factor for you).

However, unlike me, it does sound like your daily Accord is getting up there in mileage.
Like others have said (with a little bit of a twist) - I would consider daily driving the RSX for a couple months. If over the course of a couple months it loses its lust, then maybe it is a sign to move on or maybe it will be the ladder! (For the record, I have not driven a newer WRX, it seems like a AWD sedan/rear wheel drive roadster would be an "ideal" combo, but I personally do not see the nostalgia of owning a WRX).

Obliviously, these are first world car enthusiast problems (there are far smarter things to invest money in, then again this is a car forum) and the best advice you can take is your own.

I'm sure there are tons of former ClubRSX members on these forums…hopefully one will chime in and tell us how ridiculous we sound ha.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I helped or further fueled the fire…selfishly, I am anxious to hear the outcome.

Good luck with your decision

First off, I laughed myself reading your reply, I'm not alone! I appreciate your advice, it's good to hear from an old fellow CRSX member. I attached an image of the RSX we have all been discussing. I forget how to post images so I attached it via a DropBox link. If it doesn't work I will attempt to fix it.
Over the weekend I remodeled my bathroom, with my alone time doing that I thought a lot about all of this. I happened to fix my issue with the Accord and it's current CEL and it's running good again, for now. However, all the thinking has me leaning toward letting the RSX go. I feel like it would be easier to manage just two cars. I drive a lot for work so DD'ing the RSX 80 miles a day wouldn't be so comfortable thanks to the race header, cat delete, RBC intake manifold, HKS exhasut, engine mounts... you get the picture. The WRX I was going to look at over the weekend I passed on after finding the owner lied about it's condition, just not a good way to entice someone to buy your car. It bummed me out because it was the year, and color, and mileage I wanted. It was also very close by making it easy to see. I work for an airline though and can fly anywhere I want for free so I'm not limited to just looking locally.

For now I guess I will keep looking and in the coming weeks get the RSX ready for sell in the spring. I'll pocket the money if the S2000 is paid off by then and stash it away and hopefully be able to pay cash for a WRX this summer or so. Hopefully my beater Accord will continue to serve me well without having to spend much more on it.

Keep chiming in with advice guys! I have read it all and appreciate all the time you have taken!

Last edited by LowandSlowDC5; 02-13-2017 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

If you aren't limited to local and are willing to travel....I can get your a NEW WRX for invoice. If trying to keep the cost down, just get a base.
Ive got a premium on order for 28k with a few options. You are welcome to it if you want to take over the deposit. Due mid April.