Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Here is another fun "what if..." thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is another fun "what if..." thread

They still keep all the hypothetical threads here right?

Great...

Well then, what would you all out there choose ( and this is assuming you own an S2000 as well ) :

Save up the coin to drop on a stock GT-R, Premium or otherwise

OR

Divide that dough on purchasing a much cheaper NA1 or NA2 NSX Coupe and use the obvious remainder from the GT-R's sticker price for mods on both the NSX and your S???

I'm almost positive on what most of you will say, but I still think that the arguments for and against all of your thoughts is still rather interesting and entertaining. That and what else was I going to do, ask the guys on NSX Prime???
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would buy the GT-R, sell it, and buy a used RS4 + S2000 mods.

If I were restricted to just the two choices you posed, I'd pick the GT-R just for the AWD and back seats.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 PM

I'll play according to your rules and not mention what _I_ would do (because that's always annoying when people ask for opinions on cars and throw in another suggestion)...

GT-R. You'll never be able to get the performance out of an NSX with the same money reliably.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Interesting... I would have thought that the first few posts would have gone to the NSX hands down.

Before we start throwing numbers and stuff out there as well its more a question of taste rather than statistics. I know the numbers on both cars, as well as how reliable they each are, etc etc. Its just given the choice of the two, price being the main issue, which would you choose and why.

I will admit, the GT-R grew on me substantially. At first I longed for the E92 BMW M3, which I still think looks substantially more handsome than the GT-R. But for the same price as a fully loaded M, you get a car with just as many seats that can lap Nurburgring a full what, 30+ seconds faster? Now I cant get enough of the car.

The NSX... well, being a big time Honda fan, the NSX has been my dream car since I first saw it in grade school. There is just nothing else to be said about it. Its not about the car being competitive so much as what the car represented in automotive history. It is still and forever will be a VERY NICE CAR.

And just for the sake of those who complain that the car is too slow to be enjoyed with the same crowd as the GT-R, I'll just throw this out there

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmDftWPIDtk [/media]
Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM

^If you want to gauge using the 'Ring... GT-R: 7:27... NSX-R: 7:56...
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 AM

This thread is not made for people who don't care about mag numbers and ''track times''.

I prefer driving pleasure so I'll take a supercharged 2008 Lotus Elise before each car and have 10X more fun driving, even at low speeds.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit,Jul 3 2009, 09:34 PM
I would buy the GT-R, sell it, and buy a used RS4 + S2000 mods.

If I were restricted to just the two choices you posed, I'd pick the GT-R just for the AWD and back seats.

but if I had a more spacious daily driver, I'd pick the NSX and do the following:

SOS 3.8L stroker
ITBs
NSX-R gears, suspension, exterior mods

and have Endyn/Hytech build the head for me.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:28 AM

I'd take the GT-R for the backseat along. But if I had a daily I'd go NSX all day, that car breaks necks.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:36 AM

NSX no question
Old 07-04-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Jul 4 2009, 04:06 AM

but if I had a more spacious daily driver, I'd pick the NSX and do the following:

SOS 3.8L stroker
ITBs
NSX-R gears, suspension, exterior mods

and have Endyn/Hytech build the head for me.
where can you get all that and how much does it cost?

Say I got a 25-30k NSX from the early to mid 90's would i end up spending around 50k+ for all that toal?

Quick Reply: Here is another fun "what if..." thread