S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Here's your latest S2000 Revival News (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/heres-your-latest-s2000-revival-news-994696/)

duffsr 12-11-2012 05:30 AM

Here's your latest S2000 Revival News

He then checks them back in again, "The NSX is confirmed to come back. The Beat is confirmed to come back. The Type R is confirmed to come back..." He wiggles the finger representing the S2000, "There's no-way this one doesn't come back."
http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=26811

Apologies if it's a repost. I remain skeptical and would hate to see an even-more bloated and heavy roadster replace the gem that Honda gave us for those ~10 years.

Dizings2k 12-11-2012 05:39 AM

This is great and all but....

At this point I have lost all faith that Honda will produce anything I will truly want to purchase. Also, when? We have been hearing about the NSX for how long now? Time for Honda to put their money where their mouth is and release something worth while instead of running the rumor mill. New NSX? New type R? New S2000? Ok... Do it. Stop talking about it and do it. I'm sure there will be new versions of these cars at some point in the next 75 years, but if it's not happening soon. Don't hype it up at all!

fishfryer 12-11-2012 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dizings2k (Post 22203090)

At this point I have lost all faith that Honda will produce anything I will truly want to purchase. ...

My thoughts exactly.

alex s 12-11-2012 07:16 AM

Hasshi-san also admits that, "honestly speaking there is no complete plan."

There's the truth of it right there. If and when it does come out, I'm envisioning some weird hybrid variant sacrilege since that's the direction manufacturers seem they have go in order to produce a sports car.

NuncoStr8 12-11-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dizings2k (Post 22203090)

At this point I have lost all faith that Honda will produce anything I will truly want to purchase. Also, when? We have been hearing about the NSX for how long now? Time for Honda to put their money where their mouth is and release something worth while instead of running the rumor mill. New NSX? New type R? New S2000? Ok... Do it. Stop talking about it and do it. I'm sure there will be new versions of these cars at some point in the next 75 years, but if it's not happening soon. Don't hype it up at all!

^ This. Honda talks and talks and talks, but they almost never deliver. It's like the NSX and S2000 were mistakes, production errors, and now every effort is being made to prevent anything similar from making it to production.

WolfpackS2k 12-11-2012 08:09 AM

I'll believe it when I see it. And even if they do I'm sure it'll be overweight and full of hybrid BS crap that takes away from the whole experience.

closetgeek 12-11-2012 08:58 AM

I have faith that the NSX will be made. It's almost business suicide if they don't.

PureFunction 12-11-2012 10:10 AM

wow the s2k has only been out of production for a few years and everyone has "lost faith" already.... lol...

FearlessFife 12-11-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by PureFunction (Post 22203772)
wow the s2k has only been out of production for a few years and everyone has "lost faith" already.... lol...

This.

Manga_Spawn 12-11-2012 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife (Post 22203779)

Originally Posted by PureFunction' timestamp='1355253010' post='22203772

This.

I have lost faith. Its not just because they stopped production of the NSX and the S2000. Its also them killing the integra, neutering the SI and never selling the Type R here. It is Acura getting uglier and uglier. Its a number of things. I will completely agree that there is not a single Honda product that appeals to me currently. I am even doubtful the NSX will truly grab my attention. In the 90's and maybe 2000 all of their cars had a bit of sport and fun to it. Now they have gotten big, bloated and boring.