Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Here's your latest S2000 Revival News

Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by fishfryer
Originally Posted by Dizings2k' timestamp='1355236756' post='22203090
This is great and all but....

At this point I have lost all faith that Honda will produce anything I will truly want to purchase. ...

My thoughts exactly.
Same here. I would've fired their design engineers, especially working on Acura years ago. So awful and unexciting looking.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by closetgeek
I have faith that the NSX will be made. It's almost business suicide if they don't.
I guy on my Jaguar forum says his two track buddies both put deposits on them a few months ago. I have no reason to doubt him either. I guess any of us could go to Acura dealer see what they say when we have our checkbooks in hand for a deposit.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as a "new to me" Element owner I am sad they killed that platform too....LOL Viva la Element!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by closetgeek' timestamp='1355248733' post='22203580
I have faith that the NSX will be made. It's almost business suicide if they don't.
I guy on my Jaguar forum says his two track buddies both put deposits on them a few months ago. I have no reason to doubt him either. I guess any of us could go to Acura dealer see what they say when we have our checkbooks in hand for a deposit.
That is so far from reliable info I don't even know what to say.

Some guy on an internet forum (you) says some other guy on another forum says two people he knows put deposits on a car that doesn't yet exist. Would you put any faith in that if it was regarding your paycheck? I don't need a reason to doubt you, I just have no reason NOT to question the integrity of anyone in the chain. I don't know the "track buddies" spoke of, nor the poster on the other forum, and no idea about you. How could ANY rational person NOT have reasonable doubts as to the veracity of the story?

I'm not calling you a liar. Have you ever played game "Telephone"? The longer the chain, the farther from the original story we get.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol' timestamp='1355255735' post='22203902
[quote name='closetgeek' timestamp='1355248733' post='22203580']

Some guy on an internet forum (you) says some other guy on another forum says two people he knows put deposits on a car that doesn't yet exist. Would you put any faith in that if it was regarding your paycheck? I don't need a reason to doubt you, I just have no reason NOT to question the integrity of anyone in the chain. I don't know the "track buddies" spoke of, nor the poster on the other forum, and no idea about you. How could ANY rational person NOT have reasonable doubts as to the veracity of the story?

I'm not calling you a liar. Have you ever played game "Telephone"? The longer the chain, the farther from the original story we get.
[/quote]

Fair statement, but they've already mass-advertised the new NSX. There's no way it won't release at this point.

Not that I care personally as the car will be out of my price range for a decade.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Another tease--he should work in a strip club.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

If you know Honda and the story of how the NSX and S2000 came to be, you know there is very little chance of either car being made, and even smaller chance of either being made well. The original NSX was in the works for a decade, the second has been in the works for a decade already, with almost another before production, but one huge difference is that the original NSX and S2000 were projects driven by a person with enough pull to sponsor them, and I'm not sure Honda has that now.

Fair statement, but they've already mass-advertised the new NSX. There's no way it won't release at this point.
See reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by FearlessFife
Originally Posted by PureFunction' timestamp='1355253010' post='22203772
wow the s2k has only been out of production for a few years and everyone has "lost faith" already.... lol...
This.
Ya'll must not remember the years of little to no updates to keep the cars competitive, before they were finally killed off.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8

Why don't you go to the Acura dealer with your checkbook for a deposit and tell me I am wrong? I have much more faith in the posts on the Jaguar forum than I do here. Most of the members are in their 50's and are not interested in making crap up.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Why don't you go to the Acura dealer with your checkbook for a deposit and tell me I am wrong? I have much more faith in the posts on the Jaguar forum than I do here. Most of the members are in their 50's and are not interested in making crap up.
I bet you could go to an Acura dealer and put a deposit down on a RWD TSX and they'll happily take your money, but that doesn't mean diddly about Honda actually producing one.

Quick Reply: Here's your latest S2000 Revival News