Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda 2.9!

Old 02-29-2004, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my God, hectic day it was trying to buy a Honda. As some of you may know, Honda is having a promotional 2.9% interest rate this weekend for all vehicles, and people were shopping like Christmas season. Every dealership was PACKED! Can you believe it was all for 2.9%? I can't recall Honda ever had a lower interest rate for all vehicles.

Anyway, I wanted to buy a Pilot Ex. I offered them $29K even, that's $2K ABOVE invoice, and they all refused. They wanted a better profit than that. Even worse, not many dealerships had any Pilots in. Some only had one each, and were selling quickly, but not of the color I wanted. But worst yet, to take advantage of the 2.9 rate, the vehicle has to be present; cannot be ordered.

Wow! And to think the domesic automakers practically have 0% interest nearly all year-round, WITH tons of rebates. If Honda had 0% rate even once in a while, they'd sell more bread than they could bake. Add rebates on top of that, and they'd become the #1 selling automaker in a matter of seconds. That proves that people know the values/qualities of Honda vehicles.

Well, gotta visit a couple more dealerships tomorrow and hopefully, they'll have a gold Pilot I want to take the 2.9% rate. If not, it's no biggie, I can get 3.6% somewhere else, so it's not that much higher. But I want a Pilot Ex for $29K even. Those greedy bastards want too much for them. Those Pilots are selling very well. I need a Pilot to replace my pick-up truck, not my S.

You think they sell many more S2000's this weekend? I know a couple of guys who were looking to buy S2K during this promotion.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:52 AM

How often do they run promotions like this?

And I think you're right, if they did one month at 0%, they would just sock it to the big three. ....
Old 02-29-2004, 09:52 AM

These events are called "buy-outs". They agree to standardize the interests rates and whilst hussling for as close to and/or above sticker as possible.

I landed 2.9% on my S2k in 12/02. I arrived on the 27th, made my offer (inlcuding cash down) for the SS w/ red interior, then I left.. They called on the 31st and I went and picked up my babe. They were so pissed they showed me nothing about the car...(1.0 hour flat)
I completed my paperwork and they pulled it on the side of the building and handed me my keys. They also had me sign an agreement in which I agreed to give them above average marks on the Honda customer survey. I think the 2.9% (at that time) was competitive w/ the state of the economy. It was also a month long event and a current year clearance, not a weekend.

I almost bought a GPW w/ red interior but it had dangling side stakes, window etching plus 120 miles of demo mileage/demo tires. My car was built in 9/02(oil bolt, yes!) and was delivered with 8 miles. Plus, I am much more of talented driver than a detailer. The Sebring is disgustingly talented at hiding filth.. Speaking of which...
Old 02-29-2004, 10:31 AM

I'll give you 1200.00 under sticker, on any of them, but you have to come to so cal to get it Purple to ship it it is about 5-800 up north, just come visit us and drive it up. Let me know before tonight, 2.9 is all yours. BTW we have 0% on civics here at my store this weekend, we buy down the rate, and the price is 100.00 under invoice on any model civic. See my sig, I love my pilot, great room and does everything I need it to.
Matt
714-890-8900
Old 02-29-2004, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! And to think the domesic automakers practically have 0% interest nearly all year-round, WITH tons of rebates.
No they don't.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:43 AM

btw, I have a TON of Pilots here
Old 02-29-2004, 12:37 PM

My local Honda dealer in St. Pete, Crown Honda has a zero percent promotion untill Tuesday on all vehicles including S2000!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:44 PM

I got 0.9% financing on my Civic Si, but I only kept the car 8 months.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:05 PM

And i thought this was gonna be a thread discussion about a new 2.9-Liter Honda has in the works
Old 02-29-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think honda will ever offer 0% on all their vehicles. i'm sure the business plan of any car company is to sell the cars at the same rate as they are being produced. this is how prices and finance rates are determined. selling hondas with large rebates and 0% financing will get them out the door faster, but reality is that the cars will be leaving the lot faster than the dealerships can replenish their inventory from honda motor factories, and so from a business point of view, it will not make any sense, nor will they be maximizing their profits, for there will be periods when they will be sitting around with nothing to sell. yes, openning new plants and/or expanding existing ones to increase output is a possibility, but again, it may not make sense from a business point of view, if they cannot sell enough cars to offset the additional cost incurred from building and operating the new plant.

Quick Reply: Honda 2.9!