Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700

Old 02-04-2005, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700

[QUOTE]Innovative Four-Door Truck With In-Bed Trunk™ Delivers Class-Leading Safety Features and Four-Wheel Drive as Standard Equipment on All Models

TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 3 -- American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today announced pricing for the all-new Honda Ridgeline truck, scheduled to make its debut at Honda dealerships nationwide on March 1. The 2006 Ridgeline will be available in three trim levels starting with the well equipped RT, the fully featured RTS and the luxury-oriented RTL. Prices will range from $27,700 for the RT up to $31,490 for the RTL. RTL models may also be equipped with a Moonroof, XM Satellite Radio and Honda's satellite-linked Navigation System with Advanced Voice Recognition.

"Honda is entering the truck market with a product that delivers a combination of performance, features, value and refinement unique in the truck segment," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda. "The Ridgeline has all the utility of a half-ton truck while maintaining the fundamental Honda qualities of being fun-to-drive, environmentally responsible and safe, with characteristic Honda dependability, quality and reliability."

All Ridgeline models will come with a long list of standard comfort and convenience features including the most comprehensive list of standard safety equipment in its class. In keeping with Honda's industry-leading 'Safety for Everyone' initiative, all Ridgeline trucks are equipped with standard anti- lock brakes with Electronic Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control, advanced dual-stage, dual-threshold driver's and front passenger's Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags, driver's and front passenger's side airbags (passenger side with Occupant Detection System), two- row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor and a tire pressure monitoring system.

Additional standard features on all Ridgeline models include a 255-horsepower VTEC V-6 engine; 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission; advanced Variable Torque Management four-wheel drive system; air conditioning; tilt steering wheel; power side windows, power sliding rear window and door locks; cruise control; keyless entry; automatic heated wiper zone; 6-speaker 100-watt audio system with CD player; 60/40 split lift-up rear seat with underseat storage; all-weather floor mats; 5-foot cargo bed with six heavy duty tie down cleats and 4 bed lights; an 8.5 cubic foot secure, lockable In-Bed Trunk™; and dual-action tailgate. All models also come equipped ready to tow with standard transmission and oil coolers, heavy duty brakes, dual radiator fans, an exclusive fresh air intake system for improved towing performance in hot weather conditions, and pre-wiring for 4- and 7-pin trailer hook up.

The Ridgeline RTS adds alloy wheels, a seven-speaker 160-watt audio system with subwoofer and six-disc, in-dash audio system with steering wheel controls, dual zone automatic climate control and an eight-way power driver's seat.

The Ridgeline RTL adds leather seating surfaces, HomeLink
Old 02-04-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

they are crazy

i am not paying 30grand for a truck that cant tow a damn thing
Old 02-04-2005, 09:02 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150' date='Feb 4 2005, 09:39 AM
they are crazy

i am not paying 30grand for a truck that cant tow a damn thing

It'll tow 5000 lbs

MT said they did an informal test vs a F150 both towing 5000 lbs. The f-150 had the optional 5.4L engine. The Ford out-sprinted the Honda but not by much.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:14 AM

The fact that people are saying this is not a real truck that can't haul anything and can't tow anything just goes to show how clueless and ignorant they really are.

I think it will be cheaper in Canada. I've heard $35k-$45k (CDN) which is quite respectable.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:18 AM

That's just too much money for a truck, I think they need to follow Nissan and Toyota, mainly Nissan. I'm seeing nicely equipped Nissan Titans for about 18,000 they have grasped the truck crowd. I have seen tons of them on the road. Now Honda charging that much I don't see them selling too many within the next year because the truck with that price is only marketing to people who buy suvs and trucks that are like the escalades and the navigators, which is not that big of a market base.

Note to Honda Lower the Price
Old 02-04-2005, 09:28 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It is AWD and the Avalanche starts at $34,500 almost $7K more.

I think it will sell to just as many SUV cross shoppers as truck cross shoppers.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rai' date='Feb 4 2005, 12:02 PM

It'll tow 5000 lbs
oh my 5000 lbs; thats impressive

lets see

do i want a nissan with 370ft lbs of tq or a honda with 250 ft lbs of tq?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:03 AM

2 different truck categories. The Nissan is a fullsize, the Honda is a midsize. I'd love a Titan, but I don't have room for such a beast. A midsize makes much more sense for my needs. And 5000lb is enough to haul an S2000 and trailer and gear to the racetrack.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by esracer' date='Feb 4 2005, 06:18 PM
Now Honda charging that much I don't see them selling too many within the next year because the truck with that price is only marketing to people who buy suvs and trucks that are like the escalades and the navigators, which is not that big of a market base.

Note to Honda Lower the Price
You do know the navigator and escalade have an msrp of 50K+? I dont think people who buy those cars would cross shop with a 30k pick up truck.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:20 AM

31K loaded, I think I payed like 1K more then that for my fully loaded F150 Lariat 4x4. Thats insane money for a midsize. The max tow is decent for the size of the truck but still the Toyota's I think are a much more usable truck.

But most people it seems don't seem to use there trucks as they should but more like SUV's so it could sell.

Quick Reply: The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700