Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Hyundai to buy Fiat Chrysler?

Old 07-04-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
It's funny you say that, considering Jeep Wranglers are $40-58k depending on trim and options already, which is almost 718 money, and that's before aftermarket mods Jeep owners are known for.

Of course I need an offroad jack on my hood for my daily commute! Jeep could totally take the P car options model and buyers would go nuts.
I really like Grand Cherokees. If you get the gussied up one they are so nice I actually prefer them to any other SUV. Rather have one than a Range Rover. But the get expensive and they are brutal on gas with a hemi. They need to find a way to get them over 20 mpg in daily driving. (don't quote me EPA because everyone I know with one gets well under EPA)

And speaking of Porsches, my local dealer built a swanky new building and I went over to schedule an oil change. They have 2 CPO GT4's if anybody has cash eating a hole in their pocket. I did not even want to know what they are asking for them.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:03 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,592 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1
I really like Grand Cherokees. If you get the gussied up one they are so nice I actually prefer them to any other SUV. Rather have one than a Range Rover. But the get expensive and they are brutal on gas with a hemi. They need to find a way to get them over 20 mpg in daily driving. (don't quote me EPA because everyone I know with one gets well under EPA)

And speaking of Porsches, my local dealer built a swanky new building and I went over to schedule an oil change. They have 2 CPO GT4's if anybody has cash eating a hole in their pocket. I did not even want to know what they are asking for them.
Jeep stopped putting the Hemi's in a couple years back, they only offer the Hemi in the SRT now. I rented a GC in the spring and drove it from MI to CO and thought it was quite nice. I do prefer my Range Rover to it though
Old 07-13-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Well, I went with the V6 Durango for the reasons above. Nice driving like a GC, but 5" longer means real usable space in back, and the "normal" V6 is more livable and lower maintenance than the V8. I get 17/22 mpg with a lead-foot wife driving it, which for a truck I think is good, the body is big but narrower than typical for the class, so its easier to maneuver and park. Plus, I think they are more reliable than Rovers.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

The Durango looks nicer than the GC in most trim.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,592 Likes on 1,907 Posts

The pentastar v6 is a really good engine, our '13 Wrangler had it and I never once thought anything negative of it. If the GC had more towing capacity I would've strongly considered one, but as a vehicle I like them a lot. I was hoping Jeep would bring back the Wagoneer, but that doesn't seem to be happening, or at least not quick enough for me.

FTR, my Rovers have been trouble free (except the 04 Disco, but we don't talk about that one anymore)