S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   I bought a 2019 Odyssey. Boring thread alert. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/i-bought-2019-odyssey-boring-thread-alert-1190692/)

Mr.E.G. 12-31-2018 08:52 AM

I bought a 2019 Odyssey. Boring thread alert.

My wife has driven a 2015 RDX for the past three years and she liked it. When we just had a five-year-old and two-year-old, the kids sat on opposite sides of the car from one another, and all was well in Acura land. But last summer our adopted daughter's mother decided to abandon yet another newborn at the hospital, so we ended up with a third kid (which is great for us, if not simultaneously a tragic example of the times we live in). Suddenly, our girls were able to touch one another and driving became a chore.

Enter the minivan. I got my wife a 2019 Odyssey for Christmas and it's awesome. I vastly prefer the way it drives over an SUV, with the only complaint being that the 9-speed tranny is a bit too sporting (meaning it always thinks you're trying to haul butt and it goes practically to redline in the first couple of gears if you do anything other than breathe on the throttle). Moreover, it's simply wonderful being able to turn on the TV and let the kids zone out. Heck, the entertainment system comes with what looks like a side-scrolling video game showing your van cruising down an imaginary highway, and the kids seem to love just watching that. I usually get whatever the top trim level is of a car when I buy it, but I went with the EX-L with Rear Entertainment System because the Elite and Touring models didn't seem to have anything that really distinguished them. It was all just extra doo-dads in a vehicle that already has a ton of equipment.

I always thought I'd never be a minivan owner; I have enough "I can't believe what a yuppie I've become" guilt as is. :-) But it really is an awesome and practical vehicle and now I totally get why people buy these things. I suppose I'll have to order some Docksiders to really complete the look.

vader1 12-31-2018 12:53 PM

New cars are fun regardless of what they are. Congratulations on the new wheels! You are supposed to post a picture........

poorshoeless 12-31-2018 01:03 PM

We love our Sienna, had it for the last 13 years. It's just great with kids, we should have gotten one after our first child.

JonBoy 12-31-2018 02:58 PM

We love our Odyssey. We can take all three kids with us to California (1500 miles each way) on a regular basis and still be comfortable all the way. More than enough power to handle the hills and pass when needed and so much room for everyone.

ealand0001 12-31-2018 07:50 PM

We love our Odyssey. It’s a great car. Congrats!

TommyDeVito 12-31-2018 11:31 PM

DD’s are often functional but are still fun. Congrats.

Carbon Blue 01-01-2019 06:09 PM

Congrats! Sometimes i find myself considering trading in our 2017 4runner for the new Odyssey. We currently have a new sienna and absolutely love it! BTW you are supposed to post pics! :)

rob-2 01-01-2019 07:30 PM

Dooooode!!!

lookstoomuch 01-01-2019 07:42 PM

Nice purchase especially with the family you're hauling. Not only can they cary the little humans but in my '08 Ody I fit a full sized Brunswick Gold Crown pool table (disassembled of course).

Love the mini van and wife doesn't mind driving it. If / When she does start to hate it I'll have to consider a CUV or pickup to double duty as a track hauler

windhund116 01-01-2019 08:31 PM

IMHO, there is no problem with a "boring" daily driver. :thumbup: :) An "exciting" daily driver can be too much! :banghead: